'17 BMW 440i Gran Coupe MSRP $66,xxx $2,000 Down $380 + Tax

Ugh, I wish you posted this a few months later. I’m still stuck with a 5 series lease until August!

1 Like

hello. how much does BMW charge per mile over the limit? sorry for the ignorant question, i am interested but i know ill be over the limit around 5000 miles. thank you.

Probably $0.25, so $1,250 for 5k miles (effectively another $50/mo over 26 mo)

1 Like

$0.22 if you prepay miles around $1,000-$1200

You now need to pay $700 for maintenance transfer. Lease assuption does NOT transfer maintenance program. Something to think about when you are trying to transfer BMW lease…

Ditto the above re: lease swaps :frowning: My local dealership tried to charge me almost $600 for an oil change, cabin filter replacement, and brake fluid flush for a car with 17,000 miles on it…Alternatively, for $800 they offered to transfer the maintenance. As enticing as all of this was, I did it all myself for about 50 bucks :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a better option when it is not a lease. However when you return your car at the end of your lease, they will charge you $750 fee for not getting maintenance at BMW service center. Might as well have maintenance program transferred for $700 and have (like brakes and plus labor) everything done.

I do not believe they can legally do that. There is no requirement that I am aware of that maintenance be completed at a BMW service center. Have you had them actually try to charge you that at lease termination?

1 Like

They cannot legally do that unless the service is free.

I’m actually curious as to who told you that. As others have said, that’s not entirely true unless the maintenance is free from the mfg.

1 Like

How can the manufacturer charge you for unused maintenance if it was free in the beginning?

I’m confused by this.

This makes sense to me…they are providing maintenance for free, and you’re not maintaining their car with the supplied maintenance.

That said, the clock starts when the car is put into service, so if you buy a loaner on a 3 year lease, it’s entirely possible for you to run out of the 3/36 maintenance window and have to pay; you can legally take your car anywhere at that point to have your maintenance done.

1 Like

Right. Service is free - it’s just that maintenance ‘‘transfer’’ fee is $700.
My car was transferred lease - I went to the dealer to receive service, service department wanted to charge me $700 because the maintenance was still with the previous owner’s name. So I walked out and called BMW Finance TWICE to confirm that this was true. The ownership of the car was under my name, but maintenance program was not. Bottom line, I ended up paying $700 for the maintenance transfer onto my name because f I were to pay out of my pocket, it would cost more than $1000 because brakes are roughly 700, headlights were 200, plus alpha + labor.

You can call BMW finance or even the service department at your local dealer to check if you don’t believe this.

Never I will buy a used BMW (unless you’ll get service elsewhere) or transfer BMW lease ever.

Right. Service is free only if the maintenance program is under your name.

That’s a known “issue.” Maintenance never transfers unless it’s “refreshed” for a fee.

You do NOT have to get the maintenance done, nor refresh the maintenance contract at a BMW dealer. The local firestone can do an oil change for a fraction of what BMW charges.

You’re getting brakes, headlights and other laborious maintenance done on a leased vehicle? (I recognize we’re a bit off topic – the discussion should be around transferring this lease, but I figure this is helpful information to have for a potential lessee)

Which also makes me think they upped the coverage with that 700 bucks…normal 3/36 maintenance doesn’t cover brakes or headlights anymore.

These free service contracts were pure genius by the manufacturers…it grooms people to think they can only service their car at the dealership instead of an indy.

I wouldn’t have paid 700 for the contract refresh, and would’ve gotten my stuff done elsewhere.

1 Like

I think this is a scarce tactic some dealers use to sell extra maintanance packages. I was once at Audi and they mentioned it to the client but the language was ambiguous along “you can get charged if the car is not maintained at Audi”