100 Bolt Ev's at Capitol Chevrolet of San Jose! ask for Paul (408) 464-6499

I believe the market will decide. If there isn’t sufficient demand, prices will come down and/or these offers will stop appearing here. Neither your comments nor mine can affect supply & demand. It is what it is.

Speaking of which, some cars (not even counting rare performance editions like ZR1’s or ZL1’s) were in such demand that they sold at MSRP (or higher) when they came out. The Honda CVCC, the Toyota Prius, etc etc

It’s one thing for a Porsche GT4 to sell at or above MSRP - the people buying them have the money and want what they want. My point again is simply that someone posting that he has inventory at straight MSRP is not helpful, informative or valuable to this community. I would hope we can both agree on that simple point.

Thanks for posting @paulduran4084646499s. At least he is transparent about pricing and we appreciate it :slight_smile:

Easy to be transparent when you aren’t discounting anything.

People on this forum really need to chill out. If you think it’s a bad deal then let him know, but don’t take it personally! I think we should encourage dealers to get involved as much as possible on this site! Sure this may not be a spectacular deal (or a deal at all) but if it helps someone out then cool. It’s all about information. Hopefully the OP can jump back on and update us on incentives and other special deals he’s offering. Even if we don’t do business with him, dealers are a great source of info. I think most people replied in a respectful way, but there are a few that really attack dealers.

1 Like

@ng0, because you have the knowledge to not be taken advantage of, does not mean that everyone on here does. It should be a goal to protect those that don’t.

Nobody is telling @loberant to go away, because he adds genuine value to the forum. He helps people. This guy is here to do typical dealer nonsense - present horrible offers and frame them as a gift. If I wanted to deal with that, I would walk into my local Autonation franchise and I would be guaranteed games.

absolutely. Like I said, I think it’s fine to indicate how you don’t think it’s a good deal, but some people seemed to be taking it personally that he would even dare to post a car for MSRP. The OP didn’t hurt anyone by posting it. I thought it was good to know that dealerships are getting hundreds of Bolts. Hopefully that’s an indication that prices will drop considerably in the coming months. I’m still waiting for my Model 3, but can’t hurt to keep an eye on these other electric cars. :slight_smile: As long as he’s up front and honest about the price and break down, I don’t see any games being played. Granted his first post could’ve included some numbers, I’ll give you that, but hopefully he learned for the future.

1 Like

Fair enough. What is your deposit number for the Model 3?

Fremont and Rydell are offering $1500 discounts now FWIW.

They don’t tell me how many people are before me, but I put my deposit down before the car was announced. I estimate I’m well within the first 100k. Additionally I’m in CA which will get priority over the rest of the country and world, so I’d say maybe the first 30k as part of that group? If they successfully release the car before the end of 2017 as they promise, then I’m hoping to get mine by mid-2018 at the latest.

GM - here’s an idea for promotional Bolt leases.

Offer new Bolt leases (36/10) for $2500 drive off and:

LT - $275/month plus tax
PREM - $375/month plus tax (MSRP $43510) - That’s about $2500 off MSRP.

Offer numbers like this and you won’t be able to keep them on the lot.

Local Bolts now going for $1500 off MSRP - LT and PREM .That’s a good start…

Would be good to know if that can be used on a lease, since the footnote says something to the effect of “Cannot be combined with special finance and lease offers”

My back of napkin lease numbers from Lease Hacker Calculator:

Monthly (no tax) $402
Monthly (9.25%) $440
Drive off $2469 - get back $2500 from CA State
Lease Hacker score 8.3 years
Total Lease cost $17849

PREM - $43510
Discount price $42010
Taxed Incentives $2500
Down Payment $1200
36/10K
Residual 60%
Money Factor 0.00072
Doc Fees $80
License/ Reg $400
Sales Tax 9.25%

Ask if they give an extra discount for spinning donuts in your new Bolt infront of the Tesla factory down the street?

1 Like

Why is the Capitol Expressway in San Jose and not Sacramento?!

Hopefully one day we have stores in the area. As of right now just San Jose Santa Clara Sunnyvale and Walnut Creek. Oh yes and Fremont also

Tesla just shuffled the queue. The first 40k cars or so will now exusively be for Tesla employees and current owners, even owners who did not get on the initial deposit. They will deliver mid Oct on current schedule. In early Q3 you will get a packet in the mail explaining options and ask you to login and spec your vehicle. Test drive invites will follow and higher specced cars will get priority. Theres not currently a plan to provide PEV first but CA will see some preference.

@Buddyleecia Oh wow, I didn’t hear about that, thanks for the heads up! That would really stink if people that didn’t put a deposit down before the announcement got priority over me. :frowning: At least October would be really good news. I was anticipating cars wouldn’t start rolling out until well into December.

EDIT: So I did a google search for a bunch of different combinations including Model 3, and I can’t seem to find a single article that confirms your info. 1) I don’t see anything that confirms an estimated Oct delivery. 2) I know musk mentioned that Tesla employees + current owners get priority, but I don’t see anything about 40k cars.