10% rule - how much do you spend on a car?

Good job snatching one, I rarely see any MY available in Tesla inventory.

Yeah I get what you’re saying. I jumped on the 4xe bandwagon. I’m spending 10% less on the monthly 4xe payments than I am on my current lease and I’m making about 50% more than I did when I first got my 340i lease 3 years ago. Even with the extra disposable income I don’t really feel comfortable getting a really expensive car (expensive being relative of course). $50k-$65k seems to be a good number where I enjoy driving the car offerings within that range. I would have liked to get a cayenne hybrid or taycan with some options but I don’t think I’m at a place in my life where I’ve “earned” it just yet.

Babies are cheap. We got all baby stuff from our baby shower, and they just drank breast milk. We spend between $20k-$25k per year on gymnastics for coaching fees, travel, etc. Our other one just started competitive swimming so we’ll see what that adds. I can still barely afford 7% of our net income on our total transportation costs - lease, insurance, dmv, and fuel.

2 Likes

Looks like my kids won’t be doing gymnastics! Swimming hopefully isn’t too bad. Seems like it would require less specialty training / coaching. Good luck!

1 Like

Just make sure to stay away from ice skating with the kiddos. Might be the only thing worse than gymnastics (besides Equestrian)

Disclosure: Daughter was an ice-skater and that was a mortgage payment each month.

1 Like

Look like I didn’t know what I got into, my daughter has been riding/skiing weekly depending on the season LOL.

For the kid. The essentials are not that expensive. But the classes will add up quick. Sports class/language/art. Whatever it maybe. Travel also becomes more with plane tickets/entrance tickets.

Did you have car posters on a wall? Like driving enough to stretch and sacrifice other things for? If yes. Then stretching the budget within means will be worth it

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]