I have 1 year left on a 3 year Nissan leaf lease. With Covid – I don’t need the car, it was only used for carpool in California. I’d like to get the car out of my driveway so I don’t have to continue to insure and register it (And i’m willing to pay up to remaining months @ Lease rate + insurance + registration) to do it.
My questions are:
- Is it possible to do this > N days before end of lease without additional penalties?
- Do I call Nissan to tell me the value of the returned lease costs?
- Is it going to be better for me to just keep the car parked in my driveway for a year and switch to comprehensive/ non-liability coverage to save the insurance premiums?
- How early before the end of the lease can I return the car without penalty?
- Can I return the car with PNO?
Overall, I’m trying to optimize for least number of dollars spent keeping the un-needed car for the next year. Advice or hacks welcome.