Worst Used Cars to buy from-2007-2017

May help those who want to buy their lease

https://gearpatrol.com/2018/12/11/15-worst-used-cars-to-buy-from-2007-2017/

Not sure if I believe that list at all considering the Tacoma is on there. Those are basically bulletproof. They also have the 2016 Lexus GC on there. Once again, bulletproof. The Altima isn’t on there at all and the CVT in that is complete garbage. No Land Rovers on it either. Comical, just comical

I stopped listening to CR when they went from loving the Lexus Remote Touch system to despising it and when they did the same thing with Mazda’s infotainment system.

3 Likes

They are probably referring to the new transmission where some weren’t properly filled with fluid. It was a small case. Not even to justify a don’t buy.

HAHA oh Consumer Reports. I actually kinda like their weird ‘talking cars’ podcast/you tube thingy but it does come across a bit like your dotty old aunt who thinks she knows about cars but actually knows sod all.

You’d have to be all sorts of brave/stupid/rich to think a 2013 Range Rover would be a great buy because it’s not on this list. I can think of some much, much worse cars that should be on here.

1 Like

Their magazines make great piss pads for the dogs :grimacing:

1 Like

I like the podcast. IMO it’s one of the better automotive podcast/YT channels. Better than the ones trying oh so hard to look and sound cool

Not sure where this myth came from or how it persists. Toyota recalled the frame of the earlier gen - it’s almost unheard to recall and replace the frame of a vehicle

Yeah, they usually just ignore it and let insurance total them out like the Audi R8.

Im guessing the Tacoma’s durability aura comes from the legendary Toyota Hilux, from which it was “born” in the 1990s. That truck is very reliable and there was even a good Top Gear episode about it.

Of course the Tacoma doesn’t share much in common with the Hilux, notably having no overlapping engine options.

Oh dear god, don’t tell me people take or took TG literally.

Good = well written script. For a counterpoint, Clarkson’s review of a new Hilux mentions some electronic gremlins. The review is not totally PC but I agree that it’s amazing how insurgents the world over have taken to the Hilux.

Nothing amazing about it. It’s called supply chain and market access. Go to most Caribbean islands and you’ll see way more Japanese cars particularly Toyotas because they clearly have targeted those markets, I’d assume they’ve also targeted the Middle East markets.

The one good thing Clarkson has done in his life is punch Piers Morgan.

I notice that the list includes a 2016 Camaro. That’s the newer body style from mine (I have a 2014 Camaro). My car has been pretty solid so far ( no issues) and it has over 60k miles. And it’s been a lot of fun.

Consumer reports doesn’t rate the domestics very well.