Worst leases you've seen

With that many rebates available though…Discount could also be better if it’s a loaner.

I don’t think that GLE qualifies as a worst lease either. It’s not great, but it’s not even that bad.

It’s average at worse. I was thinking the same thing. I think “worst leases you’ve seen” is transforming into “Show us the offers that upset you because it wasn’t a unicorn.”

6 Likes

I agree. It could definitely be worse

What defines a unicorn nowadays anyway?

Take my $370/mo MSD only DAS Loaded X2 Xdrive for example, perhaps not a unicorn but at 0.77% I was happy with the result on a car the Mrs could appreciate.

As such, it only motivates me to get down to the bone on a less loaded model. :smiley:

Let’s start that debate! What IS a unicorn!

2 Likes

It’s a horse with a horn, duh!

5 Likes

Poops rainbows?

Never seen one poop

Debatable indeed but it appears a unicorn (lease) tends to cross the 0.40% mark. I hope to smash the hell out of that today!

I think a unicorn just refers to a specific lease deal for that particular car that happens to be significantly lower than the rest and not readily reproduceable.

For example, we all know that Audi S5 SB lease poorly. If they usually lease for 1.2% of MSRP to 1.8%, then a unicorn would be .8% or lower. I have never seen a S5 SB deal below .8% that didn’t have money down.

2 Likes

Unicorn is going to mean different things to different people…just like the infamous “1% rule”

1 Like

I suppose this is fair.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that terms which don’t have a dictionary definition may potentially have different meanings to different people? The hell you say! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure terms WITH dictionary definitions have different meanings to different people!

2 Likes

Stay on topic, huh?

1 Like

I was on swapalease today just perusing NJ leases to see if anything is worthwhile in there.

Some atrocious leases.

I wish I could’ve walked into the dealer after either of these had just pulled out, I’ll take the free S63, since you just leased that guy 1 for the price of 2.

$125k over 3 years for a car that was prob in the $180-$200k range, prob put $20k down while he was at it. He offers a $1k incentive lmao! $3,500 a month - if you can afford that for a car payment on one ride, shouldn’t you be good with money?

This one is pretty ugly too:

$139k MSRP, his total over 3 years is $80k leased

Willing to bet there’s a mountain of negative equity buried in these awful leases.

2 Likes

AMG and coupe leases are not pretty. Not as bad as the ones listed but never great. Imagine 0 incentives and MF of something like .00275

The Audi RS cars are just as bad. Dealers don’t move on discounts for those. A 75k dollar RS5 leases for around 1,2k or higher.