Worst leases you've seen

I just hate how my Q5 isn’t something else.

4 Likes

I saw this online the other day…

5 Likes

Friend looking for a car got a lovely lease on a 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium at $436/mo :rofl::joy:

Happens everyday…They’re just upset they got caught - at least they rescinded right away!

5 Likes

If they cancelled the contract that means they bought the lease out from Toyota and refunded what ever the man had paid… that was not a cheap decision to make for them, but at least they made it right. They shouldn’t have a made that deal with anyone regardless of whether or not they had dementia.

1 Like

I doubt that’s what they did, they just unwound the deal and threw it back on the lot.

How do they unwind a contract that’s been funded by the bank?

I sincerely don’t see how they could have done it unless there’s a clause in the contract that had been violated by the fact the man had dementia and could not consent?

“Our team was not aware the customer has dementia”

As if that makes it any better.

8 Likes

You call TFS(or whoever)and tell them you need to unwind the deal because the guy had dementia, then you call toyota and tell them to reverse the sale because the guy had dementia. Car back in inventory with a few miles on it, done.

A contract requires “meeting of the minds.” The level of mental competency required for entering into a contract is a low threshold but it’s possible, and since they rescinded probably likely, this man is so obviously demented that clearly he could not enter into a valid contract. If they decided the contract wasn’t valid you could probably unwind the deal just like if the financing fell through.

I’d also theorize that the man/his family wasn’t going to pay the lease so the dealership had less to lose by unwinding this deal.

This is what I was wondering… if the contract was written with flexibility into it in case someone could not mentally agree to it.

1 Like

In my opinion, regardless of whether the man had dementia or not, thats an unethical lease. I don’t care if the customer agreed to it or not – still unethical. This is why people don’t like dealerships. I am thankful that we have a few honest salespeople here that I feel totally comfortable sending my friends and family to, knowing that they won’t get screwed over even if I’m not there to help them sign the papers.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter what the contract says, it’s state law. It’s like how a 12 year old can’t sign a contract.

$1,727 a month for an M3

2 Likes

Exactly. As if had he not have it would totally be fine to rip a person like that. Worse than payday lending.

1 Like

Someone got sales person of the month off this sale :joy:

Just last week a dealer quoted me on a 2019 Golf R. $687 mo, $2500 DAS 36/10k.
Edmunds shows the residual as 65% on 36/10 and the MSRP bottom line is $42,350. Can’t figure out how they got to $687 mo but it’s the only manual Golf R within 250 miles. NO way I can consider that

They were marking it up because it was the only manual Golf R within 250 miles.

5 Likes

A friend of my friend got a Accord with 400+/mo and several thousands downpay…

I dont know how he got that but definitely I dont wanna upset him about the truth.

That’s easy:) I did that on 2008 Accord top trim albeit I was able to get off with only first month as DAS.