Worst leases you've seen

His payoff at the end of the lease should be $23.00.

5 Likes

while looking at the new camry lease for my sister, we stopped by Honda Stevens Creek to see the Clarity (I’d seen some >$8k one time 36/10 lease deals on here, which is decent)…anyways,

was offered $1k down $550 per month, $2k down 489, $3k down $429

I didn’t even say bye to the sales man, just walked out. This was for touring with $37k MSRP, whats the point of even negotiating when they start with such ridiculous offers…

They assume every customer walking in is the guy with Q7 lease above. I took negotiations class in my MBA program and literally the first thing they taught was to be the side making the first offer so you can set the tone of negotiations. If you told the sales associate that you did your research and asked them to match the $8k one pay deals you have seen reported, he would have countered with a more realistic offer knowing that you are not the guy who leased the Q7…

2 Likes

Because people have gone in there and just laid down and took those deals. Be insulted by how uneducated some people are about what’s a “good deal”, or the fact that allot of people are stupid.

And, as has been said by many, we owe those who take the rubbish deals a “thanks” because that’s ultimately part of what makes room for the great deals that many of us seek.

5 Likes

Is it appropriate to post this here??

$2,500 down and $700 for a $47k TOYOTA 4 RUNNER?!?!?!?!?!??!

2 Likes

EDITED FOR Too many zeroes in my initial calculation. The MF makes this a terrible deal plus having no incentives makes this not a good lease.

1 Like

I think it’s the lease one 4runner and get a :taco: lease for free deal

4 Likes

I can’t believe that guy is on LH trying to hock that terrible deal on here… Does he not know this isn’t the audience for that? He’s gotta be aware we would think that’s a terrible deal.

2 Likes

If wealthy foreigners could move markets the Meccas of leasing would be in Des Moines and Little Rock instead of SoCal and Tri-State area. It’s all perception combined with the weird way we sell cars. But it must be Terrible to live somewhere where dealers don’t want to/have to come off MSRP.

Guys, followed the advice of the fellow posters and the news is bleak.

OPTION 1: Terminate lease, pay remaining balance ($7500)
OPTION 2: Pay off of the car was quoted at $17000 or so. I can swear I heard the GM Financial rep say on the phone the MSRP of the 2017 Cruze LS was 23k.
OPTION: Turn the car in, put $0 down, and pay $300 a month for a 2018 Malibu LT.

At this point, I’m taking my losses and just waiting out the remainder of the lease…

How in God’s name is the payoff $17000? $23k is the MSRP of an LT not an LS. Post a copy of your contract because this all makes 0 sense

2 Likes

I’m on Boardwalk on this… none of this makes sense. Sure they pushed the correct paperwork, initially?

Option 4: List on Swapalease, add an incentive towards the take over, transfer out of lease taking a minimal loss.

This describes observation bias right there. There are only 2,124 international undergrads at UMich and only 18% of Ross is international.
Not all of them are Chinese.
Not all of them are wealthy.
Not all of them are driving M3s

No, it describes hyperbole and is obviously not meant to be taken as literal. Lighten up.

Agreed. Something is missing here - I almost wonder if the original deal was written up incorrectly?!

Post your original paperwork :slight_smile:

Just like your comments on foreigners skewing the market in NW Detroit.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re torqued up about, but it’s fine to disagree. However I stand by my own observations as well as first hand information from a salesman and sales manager that I am good friends with. I avoid Novi/Farmington Hills/West Bloomfield when I am helping others to get a lease on a luxury brand car as they overwhelmingly prefer the birds in the hand to the ones in the bushes.

Just saw one on reddit. $4700/36m for a 200k Panamera Turbo.

Yikes