Why I didn't lease a Volvo S90

Probably just trolling on the OP’s part.

Exactly, it’s like this post

They posted this rant then ghosted

That explains it…

Why does anyone care what he leased instead?

1 Like

Actually a better question is why does any care what he thinks of the S90. But since I read the initial post I figured there would be a discussion and comparison

1 Like

So 51% residual is a problem, but not paying twice the monthly for a 5-series. Brilliant.

1 Like

Actually you are mistaken, it is close to 3x the monthly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

T8 never leased well and is similar to A8L or 750L - a loaded limo. Anybody who can afford would jump on any of these for $500/mo, even if they don’t like/need long base. Not sure what his problem really is. Base T8 would be in high 60k, I think, which is not bad.

Unicorn deal

Yep, that was a great deal. And without 3k a-plan.

What is this guy talking about? He wants a massaging drivers seat but has a problem with paying a little money for some other options in the package? I drive a 7 series (with a 138k MSRP) and I would say the S90 falls short of it, but not by very much. I think the S90 is the best value luxury car on the market. I also had one for a rental and got as many compliments on it as I do my 7 series. Also FYI the S90 is 6.5 inches shorter than the 7 series or S class so I consider it a short wheelbase :wink:

I sold 10 last month

How many have you sold this month? Any sense that inventory is increasing and Volvo will return to giving out crazy good incentives?

1 Like

July-August is probably dead time. No more 2018’s are build (I think) and there are fewer of them on the lots, though they may be sitting at the ports, and no 2019’s yet.

It may be now, but we hypothesized a sub-$400 T8 lease back in the winter on a thinly equipped model using all the incentives in the NE and Western regions, 12% off MSRP dealer discount, A-plan, MSDs, etc. Then Volvo removed A-plan from them for awhile and that changed.

As other’s have mentioned, the T6 (especially with incentives) was the way to go. Not sure what is going to happen with future S90’s in light of the tariffs on Chinese imports. If tariffs start hitting all imports, the “why didn’t I lease” question is likely to cover a lot more than Chinese Volvo’s.

Here is a theoretical T8 INSC lease for the least expensive one listed in Socal - $404/mth, $1162 DAS + MSDs. 12% off, All incentives, A-plan, 24/10, No Loyalty. Granted, that T8 INSC is $3k less than all the others ($74K), but getting the deal on one of the more expensive ones ($77k) would drive the price up ~$45.

Just got back from a short vacation. No costco deal. Im going to be working on Demo deals though, lets see if anyone bites.

1 Like

If my A-plan is through Hertz is it different than through Costco?

A plan is A plan. No difference from where you get it.