Want to lease a 2019 Volvo S90, but all dealerships near me have 0 inventory

I was talking about the lease RVs and MFs. Out west the lease incentives are $3,500 on T5s and $5,250 on T6s, and zero on the 2019s, so that’s why I said a 2018 should be $100-200 less.

You should read posts more carefully before you pop off with your confrontational comments.

1 Like

@runstrawberry - unallocated 2019s sitting at the port won’t show on a dealer locator or on the Volvo website. A dealer can have their market manager do a search and almost certainly give them a 2019 S90 if they want it. Some dealers have already taken some, even though there’s not much reason to.

1 Like

Maybe you should clarify what you are talking about so no one has to guess what you really mean? :smirk:
And it still stands - lease cannot be the same with the same MF/RV in this case.

You’re the only one that seems to need it explained to him like he’s a sixth grader. I guessed at $100-200/mo difference based on what I see out here. If you can’t figure it out, it’s your problem.

Read my post above where I said he’d be paying $200/mo more :joy:

@KD6-3.7 Would it be better if I ask the dealer to locate me a car I like and provide me that car’s VIN number, then start the negotiation? I’m thinking to start the negotiation without having an actual VIN number, but I’m not sure if it’s recommended to do at all. Thank you.

@Ursus - I can’t be responsible for your constant misunderstandings. You know better, yet you always choose to make an unnecessary argument. It’s tiresome, and honestly I think I’m ready to quit this forum. You make it extremely unpleasant to be here.

1 Like

That would be a great loss for those seeking Volvo advice

Thanks for your continued contributions

@runstrawberry - why would a dealer want to locate you a car and give you the VIN? With the VIN, you could google the car and contact the dealer that has it directly. They could locate a car and tell you the MSRP and you could negotiate from that, easily estimating the cost of the car. No VIN needed.

I think you’d be better off finding a dealer willing to lease you a car for X amount below invoice minus incentives and at a specified MF. The RV is fixed and non-negotiable. If you qualify for A-Plan, then it would probably be invoice minus $3,000 since I don’t think there are any incentives on the 2019 S90 yet. That could change next month, though. Have the dealer who’s offering the best deal find out what they could have delivered to their dealership fresh with no lot damage with no trade fees from getting a car from 150+ miles away.

1 Like

My “misunderstandings”? LOL

My guess is if you get to specific really and dealership will smell that it’s what you want they would not essentially negotiate.
It would be just being at their mercy which won’t give much leverage.
But people even on this forum got car they reallly wanted for the prices that usually won’t be stellar deals.
It’s something you wish for and thus will pay more.

But I gues you are aware of that and ready to accept higher sticker for getting what you want.

1 Like

Because he was probably talking about a car at the port which can easily be switched from one dealer to the other? I may misunderstand, of course. But this is what I would do.

The cars at the port are most likely unallocated and can be given to any dealer that requests them. If a car has been allocated (put into some dealer’s pipeline), it is probably on hold in STOR status and could either be transferred to another dealer under the discretion of the market manager or allowed to reassigned by the dealer who’s pipeline it’s in. I don’t picture any dealer refusing to give up a 2019 S90 at the port. If they wanted the car, they’d have it shipped.

1 Like

@KD6-3.7 I’m really grateful for your reply and the info you gave is really helpful. I agree that it will be a great loss if you leave the forum. Very sorry the whole thing makes you uncomfortable.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

And that’s my point - shouldn’t a problem to locate a car and get it from the port.

I think the 2018, S90 seems to be a great deal. What do you mean by fiasco? “There will be very few of them after '17-18 fiasco”
Is there a problem with the 2018 S90’s ?

Thanks
Jay

2018’s have allot farts from test drives

What is the fiasco about?

Oversupply, couldn’t move them.