Wait for a good deal on the 2017 BMW 540i or get something else?

Ok so I recently had a 2016 Genesis and that car is now gone (because of a car accident). I saw the new 540i and fell in love with the car but not the payments. I found the exact car that I want and it will arrive in 2-3 months with an msrp of 68,410 and a lease offer for 4,000 drive off and 850 a month. Too expensive for my taste. Any other cars worth it to look at or should I just wait and pray for the best?

Mercedes benz E300 is going for 400 to 500. Whilst it is not as powerful as a 540i, it is a worthy optiOn for that budget

1 Like

I went to the Mercedes dealer yesterday and the guy told me I can get a e300 with p2 package around 500-680 a month with 2k down.

That’s exactly what he will tell you. But look in this forum and you will see how to bring down that monthly quickly

You have to just spend the next hour reading this forum and realize that the quotes you have been getting are what “regular” folks get and not the deals that you want to sign up for.

It will be worth 1-2 hours of your time, just don’t get addicted like the rest of us here

2 Likes

This is what a MB E300 deal should look like. $500-$680/mo is a very wide range but regardless, it should be around $430/mo with $0 down (just drive-offs)

So the real question is did you fall in love with the Mercedes?

Assume the payment is great can you drive it for the next 3 years…?

I really liked the e class but I dont think I would want to drive it for 3 years. unless the BMW deals dont go down by june/july then ill be forced to lease one.

I have some doubts as to the credibility of that deal. The OP posted twice there and never said a peep since.

That is true (20 chars), somewhere on the thread is @BenzBuyer where he is pretty close ~$20 difference

I was able to get a dealer to commit to an E300 with Premium 1 packagae (MSRP is 59,775) for 446/month on a 10k lease with 1955 due at inception (plus 4500 MSD). The specifics are in that thread or on the Ask the Hackrs thread.