US Bank Leasing

I notice a few people mentioned on the F-Type post, leasing through US Bank. How does this work? Can you use US Bank to lease any other cars besides Jags?

Yes, US Bank leases many different brands/models, but you need to find dealerships that have a relationship/contract with them.

Search the forums, there’s plenty of posts talking about US Bank leases.

The short answer is yes you can do it with other cars, but it depends on the brand and the individual dealership.

Does mercedes do it?

You mean does US Bank have programs for Mercedes Benz? I haven’t heard of anyone ever getting a lease on a new MB through anyone other than MBFS, but I can’t say NO for sure. I’m guessing MBFS’s incentives make it not worth a 3rd party’s time/effort to compete with the captive.

Anyone ever leased a Porsche through US Bank? Porsche financial is aweful at leasing.

I used US Bank for my last lease (Buick)… I called in 3 different times and got the same answer each time… they said there was no way to automate my lease payment on their end. Also, they had the worst website ever for paying your lease with an outside bank account. Just as a heads up.

There have been some horror stories with fees for damage at lease turn-in with US Bank. Here’s a thread below. Just a heads up, it may not be as easy as a captive when returning the car.

1 Like

US bank tries to hit you hard on the backend for wear and tear. Unless you baby your car, be aware that you’re looking at thousands on the back end.

Ironically, that is the one area where I thought they did great. Inspector came to my office, checked out the car, marked any of the dings/scratches (all minor). Presented me a report of his findings. I dropped my car off at the closest Buick dealership the last day of my lease and paid nothing out of pocket - no excess wear/tear no disposition. The only strange thing, is they said their billing system would continue to generate bills until they received the car, so technically they overbilled me for 1 month - the rep from US Bank confirmed I wouldn’t need to make that payment and just to ignore the bill.

unicorn!!!

widely known that US bank is bad with lease returns.

I can’t speak from personal experience, as I haven’t used them, however, I’ve heard horror stories. Glad you didn’t experience any.