Us bank lease wrangler

I’m starting to work a deal currently and would like to know if anyone knows the acquisition fee with us bank. Is it worth getting the wear and tear? Heard lease returns with us bank can cause issues with overcharges.

Another question is can you transfer us bank leases? Any downsides to us bank? Thanks.

I will never lease with US bank, did that once.

2 major issues, I wanted to get out of my Volvo 4 months early, I had to pay not only the buyout but pay a 1 month penalty for paying off the lease early. Then, while my contracted buy out was $17,500, plus $2100 in payments was fine. The car was worth $19,500 wholesale, they have a different price for a dealer buying the car and not myself. They valued the Volvo at $21,900 to the dealer. So I had to send payment for the $19,600 PLUS the additional early lease end penalty equal to one month lease payment and wait 2 weeks for the title before selling the car to the dealer.

Too much negative press on USB for me to consider them either, no matter how good the lease looks. Here’s a horror story from @michael on his turn in experience

$695 for US bank.

Us bank doesn’t allow wear and tear

1 Like

Lease return disaster can happen to anyone. Had issues in past once before with bmw. I would sell this car off before end of lease anyway. Wranglers hold value well.

Very true…but I, myself, have never had an issue with a captive. I’ve heard plenty of nightmares with USBank though. @Mr645 had problems with escaping USBank as well. JMO.

I appreciate the advice. Usbank leases workout to about 3k difference for life of lease. Just have to know terms before signing. Wrangler and Tacoma are 2 cars you should never have issues flipping towards end of a lease. Are usbank leases transferable?

Yes.

I had a terrible experience with US Bank during a lease transfer. They just were unable to send the title to my DMV for almost 2 months and gave me incorrect advice throughout the processs so the car just sat in my driveway. Seems like leasing is almost a side business for them and shows in every aspect dealing with them vs. most other manufacturers financial institutions. Customer service is bad/unknowledgeable and their online account mgr is terrible.

I would avoid leasing through them again if possible.