Turn 2017 Honda Accord LX lease in early for 2019 HR-V EX AWD CVT?

What do you mean “they care more”? I doubt honda financial or the people that work there really care what you do. Doesn’t make sense to roll your remaining payments into a new lease, over miles are cheap on this car, drive it to the end of the term. The HR-V doesn’t lease well, expand your horizons and look at some different vehicles. Doesn’t lease well means you could get more for your money on a different vehicle, no money down AWD your best bet is a Tiguan, Equinox/Terrian(or maybe 328d). I’d be surprised if the HRV even gets close to $200 with $0 down And don’t put any money down, first payment or $0 DAS

Okay thanks for the advice! When I priced out those cars though, they’re were already way over. 343/monthly with 4462$ down for terrain so not really confident in those.

Not sure what you mean by priced out, actual quotes from dealers or playing around on manufactures websites. Tacoma’s have been cheap too if you’re open to a truck.

Unless Honda is doing a pull-ahead, nobody is waiving payments. Someone has to pay for those payments…and it surely won’t be the dealer. They’ll just roll the payments.

2 Likes

That’s not an actual quote, so you didn’t price it out. Pricing it out = a dealer quote and not the BS payment estimators on manufacturer websites

Well i meant manufacturers sites just because thats a good starting point that doesn’t require excessive time and a credit pull from a dealer. I understand it’s not accurate cuz doesn’t include fees so actual payment is usually a lot more but that just proves my point even more that those other cars were too expensive if they’re going to be more than $343/month.

Well i didn’t mean all of it but just some- because you figure that way they get to keep me as a customer but if that’s not the case i guess Im not limited to that dealer then. thanks for disproving this myth to me so i didn’t waste time limiting myself to them.

They’ll do their best to make you think they’re waiving something, but they’ll either roll it, or give you less of a discount to compensate. There’s no free lunch.

Definitely expand your search and don’t focus on 1 dealer.

2 Likes

This train of thought is completely wrong. Manufacturers advertised leases are not the deals hackr’s get, just look around on this site and it’s quite obvious the deals people are getting are below the advertised deals. Both my current leases are way below what was being advertised when I signed. Read through the deals posted here and compare them to what is being advertised.

1 Like

Ohhh okay, but yeah i mean that’s why i came here to ask you all how you did that lol, can you clarify?

Sadly this is a suspicion i had but thank you for confirming. Would you be able to advise me or link me on a guide on how to get quotes from dealers without having my credit run as I already know I’m top tier but not one place I’ve been has been willing to give me anything without running credit.

You need to read around on this site, all the tips and tricks have been talked about in multiple threads. Don’t let the dealer control the deal, you dictate what you want and tell your credit score. There’s several different techniques, you can get quotes from several dealers or send a proposal to a dealer for a particular stock#, I’ll sign today at this number. Keep looking around on here and read up

Or hire a broker if you don’t want to do the leg work

1 Like

You definitely do not need to have your credit run to get a quote run. That’s just ridiculous. I could only imagine, with all the quotes I’ve gotten recently!

1 Like

So you are worried about going over your mileage as an excuse to get a new car?

Honda would probably eat those miles to get you into a new ride and not only that but other competitors will offer you many incentives to switch to their brand where they would also pay that $600 to get you into a Toyota or Nissan.

1 Like

Check this out

1 Like

Only if Honda currently offers a mileage penalty forgiveness program right now. Not sure if they do. Paging @HondaSoCal

Other brands WILL NOT waive the overmileage. They just provide conquest rebates in some cases. You get them regardless of if you have overmileage

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying this I also was told the same about the conquest rebates.

yeah this is what I thought but I feel like only very few dealers actually do this but they spread the rumor as if all of them do to make people come in. Thank you though I appreciate the comment

Thank you for confirming this! Yeah the salesmen i interacted with definitely said multiple times that i did though…scumbags.

so checked this out, was this a lease? Also seems more like a great find so maybe i just have to look more is all too. but i feel like it’s probably easier with higher tier cars like that right?