Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax TSS FFV SE 4x4 lease $300 sign & drive 24/12k plus more!

First time Hackr here. I wasn’t sure how to approach this type of negotiating…

So I used bigdaddydb’s numbers and went to a dealer close by. They weren’t even going to entertain my offer and came back at $299 with $4700 down or $500 with 0 down for 36/12. I got to test drive a couple Tundras and Tacomas in the process so it was still worth my time.

Later that day I emailed a local Texas dealer randomly telling them “a buddy of mine got this deal on a Tundra, can you match it?”. A salesman replied and gave me the lease manager’s phone number telling me to call him because he wanted to talk to me. I call him up and he laughs at me telling me I’m crazy, but for fun he runs the numbers with Toyota finance. Tells me your’re looking at $690/mo! I then respond and say “run the numbers through US Bank.” He sounds astounded, and says “hey, let me call you right back!”

10 minutes later I receive a phone call and he says he CAN do the deal!

I took a day to think about it and did some research at night. Found out that they increased the incentive to $2500 + an additional $2000 for certain trim levels. Regardless, I came home with my new truck today.

I wasn’t able to duplicate it on the calculator but after some negotiation I was able to put 0 down, get the wheel and tire package, gap insurance and wear & tear coverage all rolled in for $300/mo sign and drive, oh and they made my first payment.

2018, Toyota, Tundra, SR5 Crewmax FFV
MSRP: $47972
Selling Price: $41901
Monthly Payment: $300 (including tax)
Cash Due at Signing: $0
MSD: .0
Incentives: $2500 mfg rebate + $2000 mfg rebate on trim

Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00175 USBank
Residual: 80%

Region: TX
Leasehackr Score: ?

21 Likes

I’m about $500 or $27p/m out on the calculator. Maybe they bumped the acquisition fee up?

Either way congrats on the new truck, that looks like a really good deal and a great example of what can be done with research. Must be close to 23% discount including incentives. 80% residual on 24 months, man I wish I was into trucks!

1 Like

You are probably missing the GAP insurance (not sure if it’s free with US Bank) and other warranty packages that the OP added.

2 Likes

What is the extra $2500 rebate? I haven’t priced numbers in August, but in July I was offered 3k off from the dealer plus 2k rebate using US Bank. It was putting payments around $375 with tax.

So the net selling price is higher than the residual? How does that work? Seems so incredibly odd to have to pay $300/mo on something that is technically increasing in value.

What was the tax situation? Is your home state TX? They don’t charge tax on the purchase price as entered in the calculator above, right?

2 Likes

How much was tax? 6.25% of sales price or 1.25%?

Are residuals regional? I have been quoted 77% residual though US Bank. Where did you find the additional rebate? Best I have been able to do is $350 per month on a sticker price of $45,213 with first month payment and registration due up front.

Was that also 24/12?

Yes mine is also 24/12

ehrmagerd…delete delte

Congrats dude. $300 payment for a $47k truck… Might impressive.

2 Likes

Congrats OP. It is nice to live in a region with all those incentives. Still 0 in the SE (outside of loyalty/military). Blasted SETF…

Man that is a super deal. I hope US bank knows what it is doing …

1 Like

Oh don’t worry, they will know in 2 years :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good work. Don’t forget to put this in the trophy garage!

1 Like

Wow. Do you mind PMing me the contact info? I’m in DFW!

The sign in the back reads Texas Toyota of Grapevine. Point of contact is the Lease Manager as mentioned in the post. Best of luck!

2 Likes

They bumped up the mfr rebate to $2500 and any SE’s are an additional $2000 off.

1 Like

It was about $500 so I believe 1.25

Believe so you’d have to talk to the bank.