Tiguan S Lease Proposal Feedback

Hi all. I’m in the market to lease a Tiguan S FWD with a third row. I’ve only leased once before, but have read through a lot of the helpful info on this site. I sent a proposal to a dealer nearby and this is what they countered with.

Do you think this is a decent deal/anything that I can counter on? My zip is 46074.

Thank you for any insights!

Tiguan S FWD
MSRP: $25,865

Dealer discount: $3,365 (the lease cash is not a customer facing rebate. The $1600.00 is included in the $3365.00 discount)

Adjusted Sale Price: $22,500

Cap Cost: $23,218.73

Acquisition Fee: $625

Residual: 64% ($16,553.60)

Money Factor: .00029

Doc Fee: $199

Tag/Title/Registration: $330.25

Indiana Sales Tax: 7% (tax is added to every payment)

Base payment: $309.61

Monthly Payment with tax: 331.28

First Month’s Drive Off: $331.28 (first month’s payment)

Here is what I got offered on a Tiguan S 36/12k zero drive off, only paying $255.

1 Like

I’m in Noblesville, looking for the same vehicle. What dealer are you using? I’ve got Tom Wood and Andy Mohr VW fighting each other. Lowest I’ve gotten so far is 277/mo, same due at signing.

Andy Mohr won’t send a worksheet, which is BS on its own. But they won’t even tell me the mf, residual or sale price without coming in. But their word they keep saying is 277 with that due at signing.

Tom Wood has been good to deal with.

Still trying to get Mohr lower.

I’ve only reached out to Mohr so far, and that’s where I received the above quote from. Knowing you received offers for $277/mo is helpful though.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was Tom Wood’s sale price and which Tom Wood location? (Noblesville or 96th St?) And which trim/miles/lease length did they make you that offer on?

Noblesville.

Andy Mohr, particularly Mason, has been extremely difficult.

Edit. Also, this was Tom Wood matching Andy Mohr price. They initially came at me at 288 mo with 650 DAS.

Only problem with Tom Wood is I want the Orange color and they at first seemed to have it and then after I told him he had the green light he said he couldn’t find one within 400 miles. But he was going to keep looking.

What trim were you getting all your quotes for? S/SE FWD/AWD?

Shoot, sorry. The other sheet had that on it. S FWD

Gotcha. Yea I’m not in love with the red color one at Andy Mohr but that’s not stopping me haha

But Def keep talking them down. You’ll get there. But they won’t show you anything til you sign. No mf, residual, nothing.

Do MSDs I don’t know why so many are denying their existence. Saves you $$$

Wait, your MF is way low how are you getting there?

Same MF Edmunds confirms

VW doesn’t do MSD’s

I dunno why people are still saying this. They DO do MSDs. I leased in June with 7x250=1750 in refundable MSDs on Tiggy S. From S Coast VW. Call Olias and get it straight from him.

I’ve poked around but there’s allot of mixed messages about it, no details. Maybe @rubbergash could clarify

I have been w VW off and on since 1998. I have never done a VW lease with MSD. I can check the VW financing handbook tomorrow to see if its a thing. I think because the leases are so inexpensive no one has ever asked. I can confirm tomorrow.

Oh ok well let me know if your handbook confirms that I actually DID do MSDs…
Lol some people