The New Supra is Here!

FINALLY the BMW…ahem…Toyota Supra is back! As a F&F fanboy, this really gets me excited. I know it’s not the enthusiast’s choice but it’s a sweet looking car that should be a blast to drive. I’m more so looking forward to the 4-cyl model for the lighter weight and reported canyon carving ability (and maybe a sub $40k price-tag…fingers crossed). Anyone else excited for this car?

Starting mid 40s before dealer market adjustments. Gonna be like the TRD Pros but worse

https://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/supra+is+back+with+starting+msrp+of+49+thousand+990+dollars.htm

Maybe in the first year or 2. I feel like they will end up having birthdays on lots like a lot of other sports cars. Particularly the 4 cyl. model that they confirmed but haven’t announced yet.

50k start… nice car but I’d rather have a Corvette for that money. Although the Vette starts at 56k you can get one for 15% off

Yeah, that’s the 6 cyl…They confirmed a 4 banger but that wasn’t announced today.

Looks just like the BMW

That’s a good point. They also have been testing a mid-engine vette which should be tasty.

We will see. Dealers have a long list of customers waiting and we only expect to get a few per year. Not like a Camry

1 Like

Pretty sure there will be a lot of trickle down 86/BRZ sales as result. I’m just glad they didn’t make a crossover and slap a Supra badge on it like the brainiacs at Mitsubishi. #SaveTheSportsCars

I kinda like it. This is the first new Toyota I’ve been interested in since… forever?

4 Likes

An in-depth walkaround from Shmee:

I wouldn’t hold my breath. Mustang and Camaro leases aren’t typically very attractive either. Nor is a Vette usually. Could something sneak in…sure. But I wouldn’t guarantee that either.

Right? I’d love an 86/BRZ with a decent interior but this thing is a sweet ride.

Yeah, who knows. On the flip side, I feel like there won’t be a next gen version of this car. Might be a good buy instead of lease for long term “instant classic” resale value. As people move towards crossovers and electric cars, this thing will probably be a unicorn in 15 years time. However, to repeat, who knows? I’m just happy that the Japanese are bringing back some excitement to their model ranges with this, the CTR, NSX, etc. I’m tired of the monotony of boring crossovers.

Since the original Supra? :slight_smile:
I still remember it…

1 Like

This is going to print money for Toyota and dealers, rightfully so.

1 Like

I love it minus the front end :neutral_face:

That’s because it is (or was as this is an old article)…

1 Like

now I wish there was a new 370Z to compete with the Supra