That is not how this place works! (c) 28firefighter

This has become a motto of LH, so here you go - for all new users:

11 Likes

I’M FAMOUS! Do I need an agent now?

13 Likes

Does anyone else feel like there’s a HUGE amount of these type of posts recently, compared to even a few months ago? People just joining and posting in the megathreads asking to be given deals, or just creating new topics to be given deals.

3 Likes

I’ll be your agent for $2000/mo. 24mo/10,000 words. $5000 down.

20 Likes

Not sure about everyone else but I actually came upon this place from an article written sometime after the new year. I wonder if more people are including this place as reference material when they write about leasing?

I remember seeing a very popular Reddit post reference LeaseHackr too recently.

1 Like

i’ve also seen links to the very usable LH “calculator” on the edmunds sites…could be drawing traffic here

I think a lot of people just came from slickdeals for the encore lease

7 Likes

How can I post?

Im trying to make a post?

1 Like

“if cars kept getting cheaper, they’d be free by now”

10 Likes

Sikesssss lol 202020202

I’m new here but have seen this happen on other forums I belong to (for various hobbies) and the new members just look for the easy answer to what they need, hijack threads, etc.

2 Likes

If this is pinned to the top for new users, I feel it should primarily encourage them to read and learn. Maybe even include some helpful links in the original post. Surely we were all in those shoes once (I certainly was).

Otherwise it just reads like a flat directive to hire a broker. Which was probably not the intent of the original comment and certainly isn’t the ethos of this site. @28firefighter

@Ursus

5 Likes

Sure, you can unpin and/or edit original post/title any way you see fit.
P.S. I don’t see it as directive to hire a broker (it was not the intent), but rather letting them know to do research before posting.

2 Likes

Agree was not the intent. The context was someone asking for someone to contact them, so I was simply saying it doesn’t work that way.

Happy to help compile useful links/quotes from threads.

2 Likes

Seems I can reply to post but I can’t post a new lease deal I found. Can someone help?

You have to browse/read/interact with a certain number of posts/threads before you’ll get the option to post.

4 Likes

Contacted 3 brokers here none ever displayed the slightest interest in an easy deal. So that’s a lame answer.

I understand the frustration with people who don’t do any homework but brokers are not the answer.

2 Likes

If it’s an easy deal then why not do it on your own? But I’m sure there is a reason why none of the brokers responded. No one will turn down easy money from an easy deal.

5 Likes