Thanksgiving deal on Tiguan SEL 4Motion

Hi

new to all of this but I just got a quote that seems great for a 2018 Tiguan SEL with 3rd row seat package. I should also qualify for an additional $500 employer program discount.
I need to confirm the mileage allowance. Edmunds says MF is .00130 and 54% residual for Tiguan. location is SF Bay Area

Purchase Option
$34,205 MSRP
-$6,370 Costco + Thanksgiving Discount!
$27,835 Price
Total including all taxes and fees : $31041
Standard finance rates apply

Lease Option
36-month lease
$0 due at signing
$308 per month

Security Deposit : $0
Total monthly payment, including tax : $337
Total due at lease inception, including 1st mo payment : $1641

any guidance or specifics I should ask for to make sure this is a good deal would be appreciated.

That’s actually pretty good for a 34k dollar crossover. SEL trim comes pretty loaded.

How much of the 6,370 is incentives and how much is dealer discount?

The discount looks pretty solid to me at about 18% off MSRP. I haven’t seen too much Tiguan SELs on here, but 337 a month all in seems pretty solid for a well equipped CUV.

These are at odds with one another

1 Like

this is the info/feedback I’m looking for. what fees are typical.

the $1641 includes
1st month payment
Doc fee
registration cost
acquisition fee

what should I be expecting? Should I roll it all in to the lease?

How many miles per year? I would roll everything into payments. I think there is more room. Push for $330 per month with only 1st payment due at signing. I think it’s doable.

Looking for Tiguan Se or sel from NJ/NY
any deal yet ?? my best is $2000 down $350 monthly on SEL (around Msrp $33000)

$0 due at signing usually means that all the fees and first payment are rolled into the lease. Did they tell you $0 due at signing with the first quote?

Also take a look at the residual value - RV. It may be inflated in order to get a lower monthly payment. Not necessarily a bad thing but could bite you if you need to get out of lease early or have to buy your car at end of lease.

Define “it may be inflated.” Do you mean the dealer is inflating the RV? Because if so, that contract would never pass through to the captive. Only the captive lender can set the RV and they will not accept any contract with an incorrect RV. That’s a pretty hard value for them. They can inflate the money factor, sure, but that would result in a higher monthly.

inflated RV means the residual value is set higher than the likely market value at end of lease (this lowers the depreciation costs). BMW does this a lot to lower their lease prices. It may be a lender policy but the effect is the same to the person leasing.

I’ve never seen a lease deal where the RV could be changed on the spot for a deal. I understand what the residual value is and the effect it has by raising it… what I don’t understand is what you’re trying to say exactly… (I’m being sincere)

I know that BMW Financial Services and some other lenders may have a very… optimistic RV for their cars and some lenders have a very conservative RV for their cars such as Lexus; as compared to how their cars actually perform after 3 years on the market since the RV for a new car is really just a market prediction of how the car would do in a certain condition and certain mileage after the lease term.

Do you mean “inflated” as compared to how the Tiguan actually fares after 3 years?

Do you mean “inflated” as compared to how the Tiguan actually fares after 3 years?

Yes.

I signed a deal a week ago on a SE AWD with sunroof for 320 including tax and first month DAS. I think my deal was decent, not great, but I am in Ohio. Bigger markets might have better incentives and discounts.

OK I finally have some specifics

Option 1
10K miles 36 months $331.28 per month including tax
$1631.53 drive off (doc fees, acquisition fee, taxes, 1st month payment)

Option 2
10K miles 36 months
$382 (including tax) per month for true $0 drive away

opinions, advice? I have a couple of days to pull the trigger.

I can also buy outright for $28K on a $34205 MSRP at 1.9%

They are virtually the same thing (high MF though so a few bucks more on the second). You should never, never, never put money down, so there isn’t even a choice to be made. Door number two.

Also, doesn’t VW do MSDs? Do that. Lower the MF.

99% of posters here (and dealers) have said VW doesn’t do MSDs. I did them w my Tiggy lease last summer. Push for it, saves $$ if you can park the money for the duration of the lease. Good investment.

1 Like

And if you cannot park the money for 3 years, one should be financing a 3-year-old CPO.