Tesla 3 Lease questions

If you pay an extra $100-150 per month, you can possibly lease a showroom model Model S, instead of this one.

1 Like

It’s been 5 years since the RAV4 EV came out, so far there still aren’t any full EV cars that can match the interior volume outside of the Tesla, not at the 33 or 36K the RAV4 EV sold for anyway

Yes we know. Not the point. Tesla X would not exist if not for Rav EV

Last week, you were pitting 2 dealer’s here against each other trying to get a Bolt under 400/mo with little down. Now you want a Model 3 with 5k down, an effective 850+/mo from some obscure, potentially shady 3rd party leasing company?

5 Likes

Not sure if the x had anything to do with the RAV4. They don’t carry the same thing

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

uh hes not a dealer bud, but he does have a point. Both the dealers mentioned have helped a lot of people on this forum with valuable information. So pitting them on here is not only a waste of time for them, but for yourself as well. Let them be here to continue helping everyone as they have been for a while. Thanks.

I don’t think it’s a good deal, and obviously it won’t be on a new car that isn’t even being offered for lease by Tesla. This 3rd party has to make money somewhere. The way I see it, assuming a 3yr lease, you’re paying a little over $30k (not including taxes). Instead, pay a premium ($1000) for someone else’s Model 3 reservation and get one for $55k and since you’re in CA you can get $10k back in rebates making your net cost $45k. That means to break even with this lease deal, at the end of 3 yrs, you need to sell Model 3 for minimum $15k. Obviously I can’t tell the future, but I’m fairly confident a 3yr old Model 3 will sell for more than that. Going this route also gives you the flexibility of when you sell and how many miles you can drive too.

There are some third party finance companies that will bend you over with lease-end charges.

So are you saying I should lease or buy? Not sure how I sell for 15k st end of lease. Either way I have a reservation already for sometime between July and September. Just learned that this particular lease co. Does not share the rebates with me but someone else on this site referred me to these folks who might. Thanks

Sorry, I was advocating buying and selling 3 years later (if you really don’t want to keep the car).

1 Like

It’s going to be an awful deal to lease it so why are you even considering it? They even admit that in the new ad you found “$500 per month will require a large down payment.” An EV with an interior worse than a Corolla and quality control worse than a Yugo isn’t worse $500 per month with a massive downpayment

1 Like

If you are willing to pay me 30K, I would buy the car at 55K, take the tax credit and keep the car after 3 years. :rofl: Honestly if you can get in line for one and don’t care for AWD and don’t mind the big battery, just buy it. I bought out my RAV4 EV even though it was dumb financially, but the car has a better overall package than its competitor. I am willing to pay to keep something I like.

Corolla with a nicer interior? Really? I had a new Camry as a loaner, the car is nowhere close either. Also let’s not mention how they drive and how they look. Or better yet, you can get a car with rear wheel arch cover :crazy_face:

2 Likes

1 Like

The Corolla definitely has a nicer interior. Well, it has an interior, so it’s not hard to win that competition.

Are you saying you don’t like the model 3s interior or they have bad quality, it’s two different things. I am not a fan of the 3s minimal approach, but they are way nicer than Toyota’s interior.

You are bringing sexy back

“It will cost 1.5-2.0% of the vehicle price per month”

So that’s $750-1,000 per month on a $50K Model 3. And it’s only $0 down payment…all the fees are still on top of that.

Sounds like a contender for

2 Likes

tumblr_odiffrWbNe1r8dxfio1_400

1 Like

Nice deal! Thanks for sharing.

BTW, learned recently that Tesla employees have the rent charge on a lease reimbursed to their paychecks. So I suppose there is a way for .00001 MF with Tesla. :rofl: