Tacoma lease - is it a good deal

Hey guys do you think this is a good deal? 2019 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Crew Cab… first month payment only due at signing and they take care of my $2313 in negative equity for my car… let me know.

Use the search function there have been some amazing deals this month. Also 24 months may be cheaper.

This is a really tough one.

Frankly I’m shocked there is so little negative eq in an 18 XE unless it’s loaded up.

I can smoke the Taco deal for you, but the Jag trade will be the potential killer.

Assuming you’re in NH or MA, it may be worth posting more about your trade and seeing if @BrianExpressway can help you out. I’m working with him on our first deal now and he’s been tremendously helpful, professional, and transparent.

The Jaguar is an 18 XE AWD R-Sport with every option possible. It was an MSRP of $52,275 but I understand they depreciate like crazy. I went to Toyota of Woburn, IRA Toyota in Tewksbury and Car Max and none offered more than $30,000 for Jag… they gave me $34,000 so factoring in previous attempts this was by far the best deal… IMO still kind of high, although, I have seen people lease Tacos with $0 down for $379/month and no negative equity but they didn’t bother to negotiate.

Just a tough call here because of the Jag.

Have you tried Vroom and Carvana?

No I haven’t. And I know, the Jag has been killing me. The $379 seems good. I may take it

I’d try those two sites

If they’re not close, I’d honestly go ahead and take it if you’re dying to get out of the Jag.

Tough car to own as well because it’s going to tank in value and that negative eq is only going to grow.

1 Like

That’s one of the main reasons I’m trying to get out of it. The truck is more functional and it has an amazing residual, so I might get me out of the hole I am in. Thanks for the advice!

Curious why you want out of the jag? For the right price I’ve thought about leasing one.

I’m high on miles for the first year, trying to save for a house, need a more functional alternative. There are several reasons, but the jag has been amazing.

https://www.jaguarsudbury.com/certified/Jaguar/2018-Jaguar-XE-sudbury-ma-a757def70a0e0ae776d4976453b19b5d.htm

I’d take the deal based on trade alone man. That said, see if they’ll do the same price on a TRD Sport for you.

Yes unfortunately most of your situation is going to come down to trade which I can’t do much with without seeing it here but we’d certainly love to the chance to beat it. I’m confident we’d be able to save you a few bucks for sure. Whether it’s on getting a little more for the trade or matching that and saving on the new truck. Give me a shout if you’d like to give us a shot!

1 Like