Switched gears. Lexus NXT Sport, to RX 350. Help would be appreciated

MSRP: $52,300 no nav car (RX 350) in Ohio

What does $494 (taxes in) for 36/12k look like to you?

1. 1st payment down
  2. $3150 in MSD’s

Can’t find a PGA certificate (dealers know nothing about). Can I do better? Thanks.

Hello There:

This is a generic copy + paste answer to your question about how I can get a better deal.

#SELL PRICE SELL PRICE SELL PRICE.
Remember that dealers make money based on the following. (Sell price + Incentives + Holdback (look it up for each car sold the dealer gets around 2% MSRP) + Volume Discount (secret ask someone on the inside)) - (INVOICE). Check out the wiki for sites on what other people have paid including NADAguides. Again, that’s (Sell price + Incentives + Holdback + Volume Discount) - (INVOICE)= Profit. Which sites do you use to do research? (Updated 08/10/17 Alt Lease Calc) [Library]

#INCENTIVES
These are programs made by corporate to give to dealers so they have more room to discount cars. Autobytel has lists for each make and model. However, make sure you are eligible before barging into the dealer demanding the moon. DO not let the dealer factor this into the sell price discount. They get reimbursed for incentives.

#MONEY FACTOR
This is the bank’s profit, or in other words, interest. Go to edmunds (again info on wiki) to find the BASE MF for your vehicle. Dealers will sometimes mark up the interest and pocket the difference. This is where Edmunds comes in. Don’t get got.

#Fees
Look up the lease acquisition fee for your brand and other user’s average standard doc fees. Acquistions fees are typically marked up so for example MB’s base acquisition fee is $795. Many dealers mark this up to $1095.

In terms of doc fees, for example NJ is usually ~$499 and Florida can get up to ~$1000. Remember doc fees are sometimes the finance manager’s cut so they can be negotiable. However, lease acquisition costs are usually not, but why not ask?

Thanks Chris. I am well tuned into the things you are talking about. I would like to get a bigger discount off the MSRP, not including incentives. RX 350’s in the $53k range have an invoice around $50k. I think I have been give a decent deal but had to use MSD’s. Like to get one of those PGA certificates you emailed me about! :+1:t2:

Invoice around 50K but that’s NOT the usual selling price. did you look up your area on NADAguides?

I’m seeing you should have a MAX sell price of ~$47300