Suggestions: To Order a '19 $60k Macan or $63k Macan S?

Would appreciate the community’s opinion as to whether I should order a nicely equipped ($60k) 4 banger or a lightly optioned ($63k) S? Will be leasing the car for 36 months and either selling the car at the 24 month mark or taking advantage of Porsche’s early lease return at that time. Looking forward to your opinions so that I may make an informed decision. Cheers!

P.S. - Previously leased a '15 Macan S ($57k). Presently leasing an '18 ($57k) 4 banger (both new).

The model refresh 4 cylinder is more than adequate. Recommend getting the base unless there’s special lease programs for the S that make it look more attractive.

Since it seems you’ve had both versions, which did you enjoy more?

The power from the upgraded engine or the amenities from the larger option packages?

How frequently does your right foot actually find the floorboard? If not “every single day” one has or wonder if the bigger engine matters, in my mind.

Sometimes it’s even a curse because of speed limit signs and being afraid to tap the pedal too much.

I learned that this time, for next time.

1 Like

I truly enjoyed the S’s power and the throaty sound of the exhaust when the engine is first turned on. However, the S does a superb job at guzzling fuel during spirited driving and likewise burns the center of the rear 21” tires much like my ‘17 991.2 did.

The 4 cylinder is not as quick, but accelerates nicely at highly speeds. Of course, the Sport button helps.

In terms of options, both cars were equipped with their respective standard equipment, plus pano and heated front seats, but not much else. My ‘18 has 20’s which provide a smoother ride and decreased tire wear.

In the best of worlds, I wish the factory offered a Macan with 6 piston front calipers and 300hp. A Junior “S” if you will.

Agreed! :sunglasses:

no one can tell you which one is best for you… for me I wouldnt even look at a macan, its macan s or bust… judging by your comments you’d most likely be happiest with the base/sport edition

1 Like

Get the S. Get ready for some sticker shock trying to lease one. Especially one a refreshed model.

2 Likes

If you are in NY Area, I work for Porsche of Larchmont. If you will allow me, I would like to sell you this vehicle. Let me know if you are interested. Fredy: 914-354-9079

thanks!

1 Like

If I may ask, what is your monthly payments right now for your 2018 Macan (57K) ? And how much was your down payment?
Thank you.