Suggestions on Smaller SUV's to Test Drive

Pathfinder lease is up in 6 months. Wanting to downsize to a smaller SUV, other vehicle is a leased Explorer and we don’t need two 3 row SUVs. Have driven the Rogue and it’s on the maybe list only because it’s a Nissan, but not super excited about it. The Murano is better but doesn’t seem to be leasing well.

Hoping to stay in the $300-350ish range for payment, at 10-12k miles. Major needs are AWD, leather and room for 1 car seat (possibly 2 in the future). Trying to narrow down the list of options by test driving while the weather is nice. Come December-ish I can research the best lease options and incentives. Hacker suggestions on what to test drive that isn’t on my list?

Short list: QX30, QX50, CX-5, XC40, RDX, Equinox. I realize that some of these new models may not get me there but fun to drive and check out.

Thx!

2019 Forester? Not sure what pricing will be like though with it being a redesign.

The QX-30 is pretty small in terms of cargo space.

The smaller SUV will be more of a grocery getter so not a ton of cargo space needed, would the QX30 have room for that? The 3 row SUV will be for the family trips.

It’s definitely a small cross over, I’d for sure check it out in person to decide if you want to keep it on your list or cross it off. I had considered it along with the Forester and CX-5 but felt it was too small for my personal needs.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! What did you end up with?

2018 Forester - plenty of cargo space but still great MPG and all the features I wanted.

I don’t know where you are but there are some nice deals by this broker - 2018 Audi A3 Premium(So-Cal Broker)

2018 Q3 Premium: $279
2018 X1: $289
2018 NX300: $319
2018 GLA: $279
2018 GLC: $349

1 Like

Only because you put the equinox on the list may I suggest the GMC Terrain?

I’d love those deals. Unfortunately I’m in Iowa. If I could replicate the Audi or MB deals I’d try for those, but not sure that’s possible here.

1 Like

We drove that when shopping and ended up with the explorer. Wasnt impressed. Felt sort of like riding on a 5 gallon bucket.