Subaru Forester XT vs. Lexus NX

I’m going to either lease or buy a low mileage Forester XT or Lexus NX. I’ve test driven both but I still can’t make up my mind. Obviously the NX costs a bit more than the Forester XT, and I was wondering if it’s worth it the extra $. I only drive around 5k miles a year. Would it be better to buy since both cars have high resale values?

They are different cars. Utility & performance vs. “Luxury”. XT has a great resale value, so better to buy new.

1 Like

The problem is…I like the performance of the Forester XT and the interior/exterior of the NX. I guess I can’t have both. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Try Alfa Stelvio…

1 Like

Look at the RDX, could be the best of both.

1 Like

I wasn’t really a fan of the NX. In fact I couldn’t wait to get out of it. For some inexplicable reason It did get lots of attention from women though, probably because it’s their dream car.

The Forester is much much much roomier inside, and the NX feels downright cramped. The forester leather and dash isn’t as nice, even on Touring trims. Non touring trims are downright homely. The infotainment depends, but really I can’t STAND the touchpad in the NX, but then again the infotainment in the Forester is friggin ancient.

The NX will probably cost more and at the end of the day, and it’s basically a premium RAV4, where the Forester is much more of a capable off road vehicle by comparison.

I feel the BMW X1 absolutely trounces them both for a similar price point if you qualify for enough incentives and can get enough of a discount.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I’ll have to go test drive more cars before making a decision.