Stelvio deals coming back?

After kicking myself for missing the Stelvio deals of the summer, I thought with 2019 around the corner I’d start sniffing around dealers in SoCal. I’ve gotten a couple feeler quotes on 2018 Stelvios with terms in the following neighborhood, but haven’t asked for or gotten detail on numbers yet:

*MSRP: ~$48k
*Sale Price: ~$40k
*Drive off: $2500
*Term: 24 mo / 10k
*Monthly: $350+tax

A quick check on Edmunds seems to point to MF being very low such as .00009 MF @ 56% residual (Ti trim). I tried running these through the calculator (LINK) but I need to set the residual way higher than 56% percent to get a similar monthly. Am I missing something? Could it be because the Edmunds MF/Residual is not for a SoCal zip?

Or is this just a good deal that I should jump on :grin::grin:

$40k is likely (and should be) before incentives. What are incentives in your area? If $3250 like other parts of the country, and if that is an aged unit that gets an additional $1k, then you are pretty close. Your sign and drive number is pretty close to $100/mo more than mine was in August, which is pretty accurate for the current MF/residual. A good deal, though, yes, IMHO.

You are pretty much on par with the deal I got this month, I do not think that is even close to the August numbers, and it cannot be with RV being 5 or so % less than in August. Although in my calculations 36 months is a better monthly amount now. 48k is a pretty empty Ti trim. I wish they gave the same discounts on the Lussos, those are always fully loaded and dealers do not discount them for some reason.

Wait, really? So you think $8k off MSRP plus another $3750 or even $4750 off is possible? That’s 25%! Seems a bit high… Seems like at that much discount we’d be almost back at summer numbers. I’m not sure on the breakdown of the first $8k just that it includes dealer offers, cash allowance / bonus cash, and “additional coupons”

Is it? I’m still getting my head around options and trims but I think the Ti I’d want would come out close to $49k or $50k. That has the driver assistance packages and navigation, only things missing are sun roof and convenience package. Am I missing something?

I remember Total Lease Cost for Ti 24mo in Aug was in the $8000 range. Suck but that deal won’t be back anytime soon.

$8k off MSRP plus another $3750 or even $4750 off is pretty standard for 2018 Stelvio, the main different between now and July/Aug is the 5 or so % less RV.

Therein lies your problem. You can set the residual to 80% and get a great monthly payment if you want. The bank sets it to their number though, and you can’t negotiate that.

I got 8k off before incentives and the payment was close to yours, considering I got a maintenance package, 0 drive off and first month free.

A typical 48k car would be missing fancy paint (wtf? a white paint for $2200? :rofl:), fancy brakes :man_facepalming:, fancy rims, spare tire, fancy audio, sunroof, leather dash, active suspension, convenience, headlamp washers, engine heater and a tow hitch (I would not tow anything with a 4 cylinder engine anyway and would rather take a $20 truck from Home Depot if I had to).

I also got the car with 600 dollar paint, static, dynamic and nav only. I do not care much about fancy stuff but I would not mind convenience, suspension and leather. I would actually take a fully loaded Lusso if dealers discounted them as well as regular Ti’s.

It’s a shame. I think the Stelvio would have sold a LOT better early on if the lots were full of Lusso’s.

I love sporty cars, and even I thought the Stelvio Ti Sport was too sporty for an SUV. But thought the base seats and stuff were pretty meh. The Lusso had that balance of luxury and uniqueness that my wife wanted, butttttt absolutely no one had them, and those that did wanted $54-56k for them.

Now the Stelvio is way off the radar.

1 Like

I totally agree. A typical person looking for a 55k car would compare it with GLC, Q5, X3, XC60 etc and all of them have inside materials a lot nicer than Stelvios.

I do get compliments about the outside look of the car though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks - I’m looking at the Edmunds incentives page and I’m only seeing the following three incentives that I’d qualify for. No military, mobility, or loyalty unfortunately - although I do have another lease (another brand) in the house.

1. $1750 - Customer Bonus $ for Lease and Retail Offer
  2. $1000 - Lease Bonus $ Offer
  3. $500 - Lease Bonus $ Offer

So that’s $3250 total, which is in line with what you said but I think the dealers are already including the $1750 since they note $1750 “bonus cash” in their offers. Is there any easy / surefire way to see if the other $1500 is already included or not in the $6k of “dealer offers” / “additional coupons” they’re advertising? Not much transparency and I’m wary of being too pushy…

Well, point I was trying to make was that with what I think are the current terms the monthly payment from the calculator is much higher than the monthly payment they’ve offered. I’m using a few different sources to estimate the current terms so I guess something must be way off - e.g. the residual

Ask them for details - selling price, incentives, total fees. If the dealer discount is less than 8k, ask for more. Then put your LH calculations in an excel sheet, send them and say that you want to pay that much and how you arrived at this number.

Don’t trust the residual in the calc. Go to Edmunds and find out what the current residual/MF is for Oct based on the mileage you need, which it looks like you did. That said, they don’t have numbers for USBank or Ally, so it would be a Chrysler Capital lease you’d be given numbers for.

As someone else said, it is easy enough to ask for a deal breakdown. In my deal, I got 15% off before the $3250 lease incentive, then $1k aged inventory, THEN the dealer tacked on another $1k dealer cash (I assume some sort of flex cash they could use at their discretion), plus I got the $500 truecar coupon.

Many folks have reported anywhere from 15% to 20% off BEFORE incentives.

Screenshot%20(18)
Screenshot (18).jpg713x394 72.5 KB

essencemaserati.com

New 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio For Sale | Hurst TX

New 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, from Essence Maserati in Hurst, TX, 76053. Call 8332016379 for more information.

These numbers are for a 36 month lease with 10k miles a year. The discount of $10,000 is for this vehicle only, email me for discounts on other Stelvios. The taxes are for in state deals for Texas, email me you address and I will get you a quote for your area.

MSRP: $51,890
Discount: $10,000
Sales Price: $41,890
Rebates: $3,250
Residual: 47%
Interest: 1.63%
Due at signing: $1000 (includes first payment)
35 payments of $498

email, call or text for more information aj@emaserati.com 817-676-8402

Don’t be fooled, most dealers discounts include the rebates you are entitled to receive. Our discount does not include the $3250 in additional rebates!

Hi ,

I have finalized a lease deal for stelvio TI sports. pls let me know if this deal is good.

MSRP $52840
Discounts : $13750
price : $39090

Lease : 36 months
Miles : 15k
Down : $0
First month payment : $510/M at signing

pls let me know if its a good deal.

If you signed already, doesn’t matter much if it was good or bad…just drive it for the next 36 months and enjoy.

I haven’t signed it yet.

pls advice if its a good deal or bad ?