Sold one to VROOM!

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

If anyone does this with Infiniti in CA I’d be interested to see what happens.

I tried appraisals from all for my 2012 Challenger RT Classic-fully loaded 92K miles excellent condition
VROOM: $11,000
CARVANA: $12,000
CARMAX: $12,000 I almost dropped it off…but decided to go to a local Chevy Dealer for a lease check…
CHEVY DEALER: first $9,000, second $11,500-they wouldn’t pay more…still at dealership-I looked up AUTONATION on my phone and submitted for appraisal…
AUTONATION: $12,764
I just dropped it off today to AUTONATION and they pay my credit union, equity ($8K+) deposited in my account, $60 Uber ride home…chaching $700 richer

1 Like

How do you time when Vroom pays off the leasing car and me paying the negative equity before starting a new lease? For example let’s say I sell my leased car to vroom tomorrow how long is a normal wait time for everything to go through so that I’m not without a car?

Thanks

One to two weeks.

Just sold my leased Terrain to Vroom. And they sent me a check of $3043.31. I have spent a total of about $1000 on this Terrain since I leased it in March, including insurance. So I pocketed about $2000.00. The whole process was extremely easy and seamless. It took about 2 weeks

Carvana offered me $2000 less than Vroom.

2 Likes

How’s your XC90 R doing? :slight_smile:

Doing great. Will also try vroom and carvana when the lease is up.

That’s awesome! I only show about $504 positive equity per Vroom’s last appraisal. When you got your payoff quote from GMF was it via their automated line? Just curious if that figure is with tax or not.

I talked to a CS for the payoff qoute. And vroom needed to call GMF to verify the payoff as well.

Just to share some data, I solicited quotes from Vroom, Carvana and Carmax for my Q60 red sport and Vroom was legitimately $5k more than Carvana. It was odd given in months prior the quotes were pretty similar but after a phone call Carvana was not budging. Carmax was in the middle of the road at $2k less than Vroom. I ended up getting a local Infiniti dealer to match Carmax since they could take it on the spot and let me pay off the low neg equity with a credit card (points baby!). Happily my job is covering the cost so I didn’t need to make a profit on it.

Sold my 2016 Honda Accord EX-L with 3 payments remaining to Vroom with ease. Carvana was quoting me +$54 of equity and Vroom was quoting me +$700.

Received a check via FedEx this week. Honda took their $350 disposition fee but all in all in $300+ Cash and out of my lease early. I love Vroom and I love this site for putting me on to them!!

4 months left on Chevy Silverado lease. Got a quote from vroom, which is $1,250 more than my GM financial buyout. Sounds pretty good, except I would like to lease another Silverado and I’m afraid I would give up $4,000 in rebates toward the new Silverado by dumping the truck with vroom. Chevy is offering $2,000 for lease pull ahead and $2,000 for lease loyalty. Thoughts?

1 Like

Why not call the dealer and ask them if you have to drop off the lease with them to qualify for the loyalty? I’m sure you would be okay either way.

I thought one of the perks of selling before lease termination was to avoid the dispo fee???

Hit up Chevysalesgirl here, I believe she said that loyalty eligibility persists for a while after lease termination. I suspect you’ll be ok selling to Vroom

@02cic Not sure about that, wanted to get out of the lease regardless. And I came out with equity. That’s all that mattered.

edit , I messed up and posted in the wrong place and got moved here delete this post please

Hi guys I’m in the process of selling my car to vroom I’m waiting for the documents package to arrive and then I gotta ship it back and then I’m assuming they arrange pickup but I’m a bit worried about the in between time for them to send the payoff to my loan , is it a speedy process are they easy to deal with are they honest and easy going I just wanna make sure I’m not making a mistake by selling it through them and get stuck with more headache so if the car arrives to them and something is not in order or what not, what’s the overall experience with them

There’s definitely a leap of faith to some extent since you’re giving over your car before they distribute payment.

That being said, I sold my car to Vroom a few weeks ago and it was pretty smooth. Their communication is lacking but they did send the check overnight Fedex to my lender the day after they picked up my car and provided me with the tracking number.

It can be like pulling teeth to get them to communicate but the process was easy and they were honest and forthcoming with all details. I didn’t feel like there was ever any reason to be concerned.

1 Like