Sold one to CARVANA!

I had a great experience with them as well. I dropped it off in person at the machine since it was quicker!

So it really is this easy? I have an offer on a Leaf I am mid lease on and it seems too good to be true. They are 4K over payoff.

Who inspects the car you drop off at the vending machine and how do you get paid?

Through carvana?

If you are truthful about the condition (if it’s been rear ended don’t say it’s perfect for example) then it’s really that legit.

You get paid via a check they hand you when they pickup the car. The person picking it up is a caravana employee who inspects it. They just do a walkaround, drive it around the block and up onto the trailer. They aren’t nitpicking.

Whole transaction from start to finish was a few days for me. Actual pickup was 12 minutes. The second time when I sold my pickup truck was 10 minutes.

yes it was really easy. their offers vary by how in demand the vehicle is in your region.

Yes through Carvana. I got $12k in cash rebates when I leased it 13 months ago, but the Carvana quote seems too good.

Then pull the trigger and don’t think about it too much. They are legit.

Sold eGolf to a SoCal company called BidLane
They found my Craigslist Ad and called me with an appointment to meet near me.
Rep showed up and inspected the car
Got offer in Text in 10 mins,accepted offer…went to his office and signed paperwork in 30 mins. Check cashed the same day.
Super smooth transaction.
2015 eGolf Limited -White -48000 miles
New tires, 3M tinted glass
Bids received
Carmax- 9,600
2 Private parties-10,000
Carvana- 10,400
KBB Cash-10,460
VW Dealer-10,500
BidLane- 11,000

1 Like

Sold to Carvana for $4k over the payoff 13 months into my Leaf lease and just went out and hacked another one yesterday

2 Likes

@MConte05 thanks for the push on this. Everything did work out. I got a check for my current Leaf and went right back out and hacked another Leaf lease. $4k in my pocket!

5 Likes

So you practically drove the car for free for 13 months?

Pretty close. On leases, Nissan passes through the full federal rebate as a cap reduction plus extra, and I qualified for VPP and loyalty, so kind of a perfect storm. Worked out well and I got an even better deal on a leftover 18’ the dealer had. Might just do it all over again in 5 months (Nissan requires you to have a lease for 6 payments).

4 Likes

Details on new lease?

That’s interesting to know, were you able to squeeze out of the mileage overage and disposition fee because of the demand for the car in your area where carvana purchased your car or could this possibly work for almost anyone with mileage overage?

This would work for anyone. My car only had 14.8k miles.

Trying out Carvana, just started the process. My dad passed away Friday and want to sell the car and lease so my mom only has 1 vehicle.
He has a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SEL, paying $363/month but still has 20 months left on lease with only 9100 miles driven. 36mo/12k - last payment would be Oct 2020. The payoff from ally financial is $7,187. Car is in great condition.
Went on Carvana and they offered:

So they will pay off the lease and mom gets a check for difference, correct. There was no disposition fee on lease contract.

Ofcourse the car she is currently driving is another Mitsubishi Outlander, top of the line, with the lease ending Nov 2019.

The current payoff is $7187? That sounds way too low. What was the RV at time of lease?

LOL I put the amount of remaining payments in total. Excuse the brain, dads passing has me all over the place. Ill need to call Ally to get proper payoff quote.

Yeah, seriously messed up. The payoff is $27,403.
No way we can do Carvana. Swapalease perhaps or talk to dealer/ally of circumstances.

So sorry about the passing of your dad