Simplecar.co legit site?

I’ve asked for a quote on a Civic EX with Honda Sensing and still haven’t heard from them for 3 days now.

Yes I’m looking for a 2017 EX-T manual sedan. Didn’t see that in the drop down menu so put in memo area what I was specifically looking for. Can’t do anything else but wait.

Try emailing them or messaging them on the live chat maybe?

@Nicjan92 I wonder if Sierra Honda would match/honor your same deal if not referred by Simplecar.co? I’m thinking there are 2 scenarios: they can match/beat your deal since they don’t need to pay a referral fee OR they can’t match the deal because maybe Simplecar is subsidizing the deal somehow?

Nothing to add, but man the Civic is underrated in the looks department. Why would you get an Accord (unless you’re a family of 4+)???

I was thinking about that too. Perhaps calling/emailing Sierra Honda about the deal? I’m a big rookie when it comes to leasing cars so I’m not sure how to suggest it but its worth trying. The sales person I signed with was Dave and Tina. Maybe asking for them?

I’m not interested in a Civic. I was just more interested in how Simplecar works. Maybe one of the people who asked for your sales contract will get some info once they contact the dealer.

When Dave spoke to me, he was not familliar with simplecar. But he did say they called him when settling the deal.

I signed up for honcker only to find out they don’t operate in my area. I fired off a nastygram to them and of course heard nothing back.

Looking for a new car? :grin:

I’m all over the place. But starting to think about it. Qualify for bmw corp discount now also. Put in a request for a 340 with track handling with these guy but like everyone else have not heard. If it comes back $400ish a month before tax I’ll consider it.

Take an S90 T6 for under $400 all in

That’s a hard pass. twenty

You got in at exactly the right time. Kudos to you for your fearlessness, it got you a great car at a great price.

“Good things come to those that wait up. But don’t wait to jump in too long.”

If it’s not too much trouble, I’d appreciate it if you could PM me your contact at Sierra. Preferably their email or phone number. Thank you!

Of course, no problem!

It seems like I really did! I thought why not, they don’t take any personal information, doesn’t hurt to try it out! Love that quote!

Thank you again!

Update posted to my account yesterday. I’ve had a request pending for over a week, I changed the zipcode in NJ for a Santa Fe Sport to see if I would receive better pricing. I’ve checked in a few times, received no offers and pinged the chat support to see what’s happening. Here’s the message that was posted yesterday, maybe the members from LeaseHackr have overwhelmed their site :sunglasses:

Hello, thank you for trying out SimpleCar. We are working hard to change this slow-moving industry and bring you the best car buying experience.
We have had an incredible demand and unfortunately dealers were not able to offer the best deals to everyone. This means we had to limit our service to select ZIP codes, but we are creating a new version where you will be able to see the lowest deals online and have an ability to pick up the car or get it delivered without wasting hours at the dealership!
Please stay tuned and let us know if you have any questions or feedback, we are always here to help.
Best regards,
Your SimpleCar team

I then asked the Chat support what zipcodes are currently supported and a few hours later they respond with

Hi, it’s currently changing. We hope to cover all states soon, but because of high demand unfortunately your area is not supported. We will for sure keep you updated when the new version launches so you can get amazing deals instantly. this.

So for those folks w/ pending requests, it may be sometime before the site begins working again.

1 Like

I got the same response on Monday. It included the previous chat history I had with them which I thought was interesting but I guess it’s just an auto-generated response that they sent to everyone. I am not getting excited over it anymore. It seems like it was just a marketing scheme.

Definitely not a marketing scheme from me. Just to confirm that. I really hope they can fix their site and truly give you guys good deals in the near future!