Signed: Loaner 330e $49,945 MSRP - $347.14/mo, $0 DAS... Titled In My Name!

As @andyecon stated, BMW of San Antonio does still have the listings on their website. Unfortunately, none with Carfax reports.

Maybe a dealer can help run some reports for us to see the results? Below are some VINs that are listed at great discounts. @Samson @GAngellBMW @BMW_Dave @YourNextBMW @Cody_Carter

WBA8E1C56JA178635
WBA8E1C58JA178653
WBA8E1C5XJA178654
WBA8E1C53JA178656

WBA8E1C56JA178635 - No carfax
WBA8E1C58JA178653 - No Carfax
WBA8E1C5XJA178654 - No Carfax
WBA8E1C53JA178656 - No Carfax

2 Likes

Thanks so much. No Carfax probably means new and untitled?

Correct. Ran a new toyota vin to confirm it would return same result.

3 Likes

Sec, moving to Texas…or Georgia…or Illinois.

3 Likes

He’s Trophy link: Trophy Garage [ Photos ]
Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks, I had run my VIN before signing and understood this to mean the same thing.

Can tax credits be applied to Owner’s Choixe programs too? Imagine if @andyecon was able to stack that too.

He already accounted for the 4001 federal tax credit. Assuming he has a tax liability of that much, but then again, who wouldn’t.

Exactly. Now, if I had loyalty and an OL to stack…

@andyecon what about your power company? I know California (sce and pge) offers some rebates too.

Then again, that state ev rebate is HUGE for a 330e. California does not offer a penny for the 330e!

Tax credits is different from the federal tax credit/rebate. Texas charges sales tax on the entire sales price of a vehicle (even on a lease), but some dealers/manufacturers offer tax credits to offset the sales tax.

I will check with my power company, good point. They did give me unlimited charging for six months at stations around Austin for $25.

I paid the Texas sales tax, but we also ave a PHEV rebate program. It will be $2500, but I have to get the app in quickly because they’re running low on credits.

Oh you were talking about the Texas tax credits - gotcha.

Yes, I understand that. Probably cost you an additional $2k+ overall. Imagine if the dealer applied tax credits and you didn’t need to pay that.

Are those state tax credits an arbitrary amount? Like does the captive or dealer just choose an amount at their discretion or do they have an allotted amount they can spend per car/month? I’ve always wondered that.

Ahh, I see! I didn’t ask them to do that, but maybe I should have… I would have made a few bucks!

1 Like

Texas sales tax credits are bizarre. Basically if I trade my car in or return my leased vehicle the tax I overpaid is given to the dealership in the form of tax credits. The dealership chain then decides how they want to dole those credits out, whether for sales events, for low sales periods, to move old stock, etc.

If you know about them they are excellent as most dealers will then set your sales tax rate to around 1%. Combine that with BMW Owners Choice and the right PHEV and you have the best deal in the country.