Should I take this offer? 2018 Prius Two

If you’re not getting a carpool sticker or something I don’t see the point of getting this car. Tons of stuff out there for this kind of money. Also whatever gas savings you’re getting don’t justify the high payment. You’re basically at $395/mo if this was sign and drive.

1 Like

Are there cars that will help me get roughly same MPG with lower payment? Sorry not that smart when it comes to hybrid/electric (fuel savings cars). I will be upgrading from a 2016 Kestrel Talon <road bicycle =) hehe

Prius leases SUCK right now… plus they have been almost sold out for last 2 months. :frowning:

2 Likes

Do you know when they will have 2019 out?

If you are driving only 12k a year, I don’t think you need to get a Prius. A Corolla is probably a better option and cheaper overall.

1 Like

Our first one arrives 1/24

Also they are changing to models to be easier L,LE,XLE,Limited

1 Like

My Toyota Dealer (bought 4 priuses for me and friends) has almost no prius left…and the ones that do are leasing terribly. In fact, unless you want a sedan, I think all the Toyota leases were dreadful.

FWIW, my last Toyota (2013 Prius 4…30K sticker) was 330 month with 9% tax, zero drive off, 36/12. One before was even less.

1 Like

Residuals and incentives were way better back then… tough now because all the off lease customers on sienna,prius, camry etc are shocked how different the pricing is. Even with bigger discount we can’t get to their old numbers.

Had a sienna guest paying $269. New Lease was almost $500 :expressionless:

1 Like

I’d look at a Volt, which will be cheaper to lease. It’s also a wedge-shaped hatchback, but because it’s a plug-in, you can drive the first 53 miles on electricity without using gasoline.

You get $1,500 back from the CVRP mail-in rebate and another $1,000 from Edison, I believe.

Bolt EV, which is a pure battery electric vehicle (not hybrid) is an even better car (more space, more range, more performance) if you have a place to charge it.

2 Likes

That’s what I gathered…shame since I like Toyotas! I assume Lexus is in the same boat?

Thank you all this is amazing help, now sure what to do yet. I really want to get the Prius now but yes price is high for what it is, I am also thinking of maybe waiting until 2019 Prius comes out (not sure if lease will be better priced at that time) also looking at Camry Hybrid which would be cheaper and roughly same MPG. I will look at the Volt that’s a car I’ve heard great things about but for some reason did not come to mind.

Just doing some quick math, 20mpg vs 40mpg over one year at 12k is about $900 more a year at $3/gal. There plenty of cars out there that get 30mpg so maybe only $300 difference over 40mpg. None of this stuff is complicated, just get the calculator out

1 Like

Thank you so much I am currently looking at all cars that get about 30+ MPG

Car Makers: Oh why won’t anyone buy our hybrids/sedans/mini-vans

Customers: Can you maybe give us an incentive to do so?

Car Makers: ABSOLUTELY NOT. Full price or this compact SUV. You choose.

:expressionless:

4 Likes

For comparison, check the post linked below. “2018 BMW 330e: $329 with 36 month $0 down + taxes/fees”

Not to say you should go with the BMW but you can get a much nicer car that has good MPG for around the same payment as the Prius Two deal you are being offered. That should say something about how poor the deal is IMHO.

1 Like

On the flip, that $329 330e is probably going to be a stripper model (tough to say since MSRP isn’t there, but probable), whereas one of the mainstream cars is going to have more creature comforts for a similar cost per month. Comes down to priorities and what’s more important.

1 Like

On the reverse flip-ever drive a Prius? Stripped anything would beat the ride and the noise level inside at 80mph(tailwind).

1 Like

That’s literally describes almost every passenger car and small SUV available. You’re gonna need to go on some test drives :rofl:

But if doesn’t have car play I refuse to buy it…:joy:

1 Like

How about the non Plugin Prius. I have a 2016 that I bought. I now have 41000 miles and my total mpg average is 56.5 mpg. I don’t hypermile it, I drive it like a normal car. In stop and go freeway traffic I get up to 75 mpg. No charging neded Toyota Sence gives you plenty of value. I only put like $2000 down and payment is $356 at 0 percent 72 month loan. No fuss commuter car. About 600 miles on a 10 gallon tank. :+1: