RV/MF for 2018 BMW M2 in January? Buy or lease?

2018 BMW M2 Coupe
The car has 3500 miles on it. * But dealer mentioned they can lease the car if it has than 5k miles on it.
MSRP - 61,845
Selling Price: $49,500
MSD:$0
Months:36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
BMW incentives for 2018 M2- $4500
Loyality incentive - $750
Costco incentive - $500 (Not sure if this is applicable but i have a membership and I heard people use this before)
Total incentives- 5750
Taxes - NJ 6.625%.
Exec package, Moonroof, DSG

With the information provided, is it better to lease or Buy?

What is the MF / RV for January 2019 for 2018 BMW M2 Coupe?

Thank you so much in advance.

for MF and Residual you can find it on Edmunds forums. But ask the dealer to give those numbers to you in . case they might be marking it up. What’s the monthly they gave you on this vehicle?

BMW MF and Residual are found in this post below. These numbers are national. Lease cash, however, is regional. bmwusa.com will provide that info. There is no Costco incentive in Jan, 2019.

@mp11477

Thank you for sharing the info but in MY2018 list I don’t see M2 for residual.

@DJ929 I am waiting to get the final numbers from Dealership today. I will share them shortly meanwhile I wanted to get everyones opinion on what is the better option and approach.

'18 M2 has a RV of 53% for 36/10. The RV on yours for 36/10 would be 51.7% assuming 3500 miles on the loaner is exact.

Here is the information I received from the dealership. According to them, BMW says since the car has 3500 miles it is considered as pre-owned car and there are no incentives for it. Not sure if it is true. Can someone please verify for me. Also, Here is the breakdown they have provided.

Really comes down to a bet on whether an M2 will be worth 31,879 in 3yrs or not.

If no you lease, if yes you buy

If the car was never titled to anyone and has less than 5,000 miles it should be able to be leased as “NEW” which qualifies it for any new car lease incentives. I feel it’s titled there’s a bigger hit to the RV and no incentives.

That is a Car you buy regardless of the numbers - one the best driving BMW’s ever made.

still need to find out if this is a good lease?

@vinny
Yes, this car was titled before.

@amatot - if I am going to buy is 2019 is a better buy than 2018 due to new engine?

I honestly became a BMW EV driver for the past 3 years :slight_smile: so will have to ask people in the forum who actually drove M2 as my last M was in 2011 - my comments were based on reviews. but surely the M2 competition of 2019 is better if you can get a deal.

The 2019 is going to be vastly superior in terms of performance it’s a standard competition trim. I would find out original MSRP which should be around 60-62k. Right now there’s $4,500 rebate on all 2 series, $750 loyalty, $1000 college, (500 USAA?). I would negotiate around 20% off before any of these applicable rebates. Right now they’re only taking $4,500 in new discount off the car.

Thank you both for you input.

@vinny I am not sure or heard of 20% off MSRP on new car before incentives. Does that even happens?

It’s not new. It’s been titled and driven, it’s not new because your not getting any new car incentives. It’s a super low miles PRE-OWNED car

No used cars have incentives. If the car was titled (which it was as I looked it up), it’s a used car. MF is inflated to the max as well. I’m kinda surprised they’ll lease it with a new car RV TBH.

@mp11477 Should I walk away from this? or if I were to counter what would you think it should be.

That’s your call. Technically you’re the second owner, but that doesn’t matter much if it’s a lease and you plan on returning it at the end. IDK if you’ll get much more out of them as it’s not an every day Joe car and just a quick google search shows similar cars with a little more miles are selling for more. You’re at about 20% now. I’d push for buy rate at least.

The MF on this is 0.00218 which I think its high, is it high because its preowned car or is there some negotiation there? Also, when you say buy rate are you asking how the numbers look if i were to buy it?

no, buy rate is base, Tier 1 MF. This month it is .00188. They are marking the MF up to the max allowed by BMWFS, or .00218. They’re doing this for back end profit. Demand buy rate of .00188 at a minimum.