Orange County: Grab your OL Code

It’s nearly full, but here’s a chance to beat up an M car and grab an OL code.

https://bmwdrivingevent.com/events/20-C2D0-9314-8743-0A20E847204A

Cheers!

1 Like

Too bad it’s dealer-specific! Could be good fun nonetheless.

1 Like

I figured there are enough OC folks here that maybe someone will use it.

I’ll be there tomorrow at 1 PM, Vishnu willing.

1 Like

I signed up , didn’t go but still received my code. Ymmv

1 Like

Did the code only work at that particular BMW dealer?

FYI on fine print:

Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other driving event offer, Drive for Team USA, Ultimate Driving Experience, Golf Cup Offer, USAA Military Program or any Event related or closing / conquest cash offers.

Fully booked.

Until next time!

I haven’t attempted to use it .The fine print says this :

“Only dealer partners participating in the event may redeem offer. See dealer for further details”

It’s unclear to me it means the dealer running the event I registered or all the dealers who participate in the series of the same event .

Wow thats a very restrictive OL code. Not valid on demos

Went and drove an X3 and an M3. Learned that the stripped BMW is really and truly stripped! X3 had a tiny little infotainment screen with a backup camera from 1985 and ugly wheels. Drove okay, but I didn’t know just how important adding options to a Bimmer is. I know now that hacking a loaner X3 won’t make me happy.

The M3 on the other hand–what a car! I suspect the life of my license would be somewhat truncated if I brought that car home. Which won’t be a problem, as they’re a little pricier than I’m willing to prioritize at this time. But it was fun to drive and scare my wife a little.

It was fun and free and quick for a Friday lunch outing.

OL codes were never valid on demos as far as I know.

I just used one on a demo. Has to be under 5000 miles

Terms on mine read:
$1,000 offer valid on eligible vehicles retailed March 15, 2018 through December 31, 2018. Eligible models include most new 2018 and 2019 BMWs. Ineligible vehicles: M2 Coupe, M3 CS, M5, MINI vehicles and BMW CPO/CPO Elite vehicles do not qualify. European Delivery vehicles do not qualify. This offer cannot be used for previously ordered or previously delivered vehicles and is only valid on delivery of in-stock vehicles. Offer valid to Tasting Table Far East Sweepstakes participant or any family member residing within the same household who participated in an on-site ride & drive. Only one OL number per vehicle may be used. Offer valid towards lease or purchase price of eligible vehicle. Only dealer partners participating in the event may redeem offer. See dealer for further details

Got the code. Here is the fine print. It’s only valid at Irvine BMW.

*$1,000 offer valid on eligible vehicles retailed 11/17/2018 through 01/31/2019 Eligible models include most new 2018 and 2019 BMWs. Ineligible vehicles include MY19 X7, 8 Series (all variants), MY18 M2 Coupe, M3 CS, MY19 M2 Competition, M4 CS and M5 (all variants), MINI vehicles and BMW Pre-Owned/CPO vehicles do not qualify. European Delivery Vehicles also do not qualify. As of October 2, 2018 the Executive Allowance Program is no longer available. Since the program has been suspended, this offer cannot be combined with Executive Allowance retail types G and S. This offer cannot be used for previously ordered or previously delivered vehicles and is only valid on delivery of in-stock vehicles. Offer is available to prospects who registered and attended the Irvine BMW Dealer Test Drive Event or any family member residing within the same household. Offer valid on final negotiated price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase. Only one OL number per vehicle may be used. Offer valid towards lease or purchase price of eligible vehicle. Only dealer partners participating in the event may redeem offer. See dealer for further details.

Couldn’t make it today, still received the code. Definitely moves the dealer up my list vs the ones that made me stop by.

I drove the m2 and m3 at the driving school in thermal. M2 was even more fun to drive.

Also got the code and when a salesman went to the “back” to see if they could meet my asking price he came back showing only $500 of the code being applied into the sales price. Something about $500 comes form BMW and another $500 from elsewhere (can’t remember). I asked where is the other $500 then and says it was already in the “list” price that was online. Told him I had been watching the price/car for a week and it’s been the same. I don’t blame the sales guy as that’s what his manager or whoever gave him.

Anyone familiar with the way this OL code is applied? I assumed it was like a $1000 taxed incentive or similar.

All the recent BMW OL codes have been for $1000, but really only $500 is from BMW and the dealer is expected to volunteer the other $500. If you’re pushing them already on discount they’re only going to do the OL code as $500.

I’m thinking of it as a $500 code. If the dealer is fine giving me all $1000 that means I left money on the table during negotiations. As said above $500 is dealer and $500 is BMW.

That was true prior to the July program changes.

Got it, thanks - makes sense now as I was pushing for a big disco.