Old lease explain?

Can someone explain this old lease to me.
I am going to a dealer tomorrow to try to get a new car.
I thought I got a good deal on this old lease but I don’t understand how this works yet.

Instead of going to the dealer tomorrow to get a new car you should email them today on a specific car you want in their inventory. Then search comparables to your car here and ask for help.
If you aren’t sure how leases work then it is almost guaranteed that they will take advantage if you walk in blindly.
Reviewing a few hard to read numbers on your old lease isn’t going to change that.

3 Likes

I have been emailing but not a single dealer will give me any number at all.
Inwas just trying to understand how these numbers came to lease of 324.
I think I understand how it works but when I read this I got confused. Was just hoping someone might understand it more then myself

1 Like

It looks like they took the rebate of the MSRP not the negotiated price ?

How are they not responding?

What template are you using?

Read and understand the article Leasing 101

Post the new quotes here.

Don’t sign anything until you do both.

3 Likes

What car are you looking at?

There is a template ?

I am fairly open to any color. just woould rather not have it a dark Color

thanks. for all the help. this place has been great

Saab is asking about CAR not COLOR

1 Like

Yes I use a three step tiered template for each deal I negotiated via email.

Initial contact
Negotiation
Closer

I also have a history of dealers ignoring my emails.

I got a survey from Acura after leasing my wife’s MDX and gave a poor review because they ignored my emails. The dealer was upset that I gave them a poor review, so I told them that my emails were ignored. The did some research, and said that they found them in their junk mail. I sent these from my yahoo.com account:

MIke, thanks for calling. Can you please give me a ball park estimate of how much the total drive off is for the base MDX fwd with the $2799 due at least signing plus title, registration, fees, cap taxes, etc.? And also the total drive off for the MDX fwd with Tech package if I want to keep the monthly payments at $419/mo?

Hey Mike,

I got a Truecar offer of $4057 off of MSRP on a 2018 MDX w/tech from you. Is that before the $2950 in lease incentive on the MDX Tech? I’m interested in leasing.

@Chi_Ahrens: You should PM @obiHai for his dealer info. Looks like he got a MDX with $7575 off of MSRP. Here is the link for the car he posted: Trophy Garage [ Photos ]

1 Like