Off Topic Landfill

Sure it does. Been there done that with trying to battle over 5 bucks difference. Trying to convince a sales manager his software is wrong isn’t as easy as snapping your fingers. Not worth it to me.

1 Like

Are you for real? I’m not assuming anything. There is nothing presumptuous in my post. I’m not saying they’re not doing the calculations or not reviewing lease agreements… I said IF they’re not doing…Read it again.

Ah, I’ve never had your experience. The bet here is that you may have done something wrong in your calculations.

Agree. If I have a dealer who has dropped his shorts, I’m not going to stand on ceremony over a few bucks mismatch. Not worth my effort.

4 Likes

If there is a $5 difference in payment, you’re okay with that? I don’t like leaving money on the table especially when I’m working for a client… $5 per month x 36 months = $180. I don’t think my client would be happy if I’m charging him/her $400 to negotiate their lease.

Are we talking about dealers padding their numbers somewhere or actual miscalculations by the software?

It is a cry for help: “Hire me, someone! (but I’m inlicensed)”. He needs to register here like other brokers or stop soliciting by talking about his clients.

7 Likes

Ok, let me try it. If someone who has no evidence comes on a forum and makes baseless accusations in the form of a straw man question, should he be ridiculed? See, I didn’t say you did any of that stuff. I just asked the question.

3 Likes

Here we go again, yes sir your software is amazing. We should all look up to you.

If you are battling over $2 how much if your time really worth then? I am not even going to spend 5 min discussing a $2 difference with the dealer. If my numbers are within $5 then I am all good.

2 Likes

Either 20202020202020

Okay, good for you… that’s your choice.

Ah, I’m not asking for anyone to hire me and I’m not soliciting business as there is no need for me to do so. BTW, I’m not a broker as you have assumed. Typical you.
I also see that you conveniently put perfectly credible posts in landfill particularly when they discredit and embarrass you. Yup, looked at numerous exchanges between you and KD6-3.7. He totally discredited you many times and for good reason. Cheers!

It’s super easy to add a little more than the drive-off amount to the selling price to cover the financed drive-off. For example, if the deal structure shows $1,000 DAS, add $1,100 to the selling price. If the new drive-off is $1,080, lower the selling price by $20. If the selling price has $1,080 added to it to cover a $1,079 drive-off, that’s more than close enough, no?

In the eLEAD1 software, I can type in the total amount of cash up front, including drive-off. If I put in zero, it sets the selling price exactly where it needs to be in one shot.

Guess if I’m not a professor, I don’t know what I’m doing.

1 Like

I’m not a broker. However I do help family and friends because I’m a nice guy (or a sucker). If I’ve done my negotiating right, then no, $180 total over 24/36 months makes no difference and I certainly won’t fuss over it. If it’s $1,080, then we have a bigger problem.

Also. You keep saying you have clients but that you’re not a broker. Which is it?

1 Like

If it’s a software miscalculation, how did you get the dealer to make the fix? How long did it take? I’d imagine a dealer would rather just give the small discount to make up for the “error” than go through the trouble.

Wow. You have a lot of time on your end really. I mean, i read your 16 commandments of lease brokering, and by the time i got to the last one, i forgot the first 8 of em. But I do want to ask you this, your point no.15, Do you actually go to the dealership with each one of your clients and proof read it?

3 Likes

Ofcourse they dont try to fix the software! They just give him his 5 bucks and want him to leave dude.

2 Likes
  1. uh. Call the bank in whatever month you are and they will give you the pay off.
2 Likes