Off Topic Landfill

Thank you. I will check if that can be added to the quote

Here are the items included in the different packages. You can determine which ones are mandatory for you.

1 Like

Question is if that’s worth a bunch more over the the base…

Agree and imho, the DAP offers more value than P+, but they build on each other, so you cant just pick and choose.

Thanks …

Wished they made one of those Column comparisons chart so it’s easy to see through which model has what and what not

The only reason, IMO, to get P+ is if you are getting DAP

Agreed, the only features I care for are the safety ones.

You don’t think NAV would be a reason to get Premium +?

For 3000 dollars? When we all have smartphones that have nav for free?

4 Likes

Exactly. Nav is mostly useless.

Unfortunately, for what I do for a living, I need it in my vehicle & like the larger screen. Nav does not work on my phone while I am on the phone which is most of the time.

do the qx60s have android auto or apple car play? this fixes nav issue

No, they don’t. 20202020

Everyone should decide for themselves what they need. If you need it, get it. If you don’t, don’t. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

3 Likes

Get a mini iPad mounted and hotspot it with your phone. Use a bigger screen for navigation

Or get the Premium Plus package which is a lot easier

1 Like

Really?

Premium plus package is $3k and iPad will cost you less than $400 … buy a dash mount for less than $30 and all set. Not sure if I understand how spending $3k is easier than $400

1. It’s a lease! Run the numbers (I just did…all else being equal it’s like $17/mo)

2. You get more than just nav: F&R parking sensors, 360 degree camera, BT audio, voice control, the larger screen, auto wipers, etc etc.

3. Where would you mount the ipad? I can’t think of any place that wouldn’t look ghetto as heck, NTM the power cable

2 Likes

Well, since you asked and I have a minute:
A) You get more than just a Navigation system with the premium plus package. B) I don’t want to have to carry an ipad around with me everytime I leave the vehicle and have to remember to bring it everytime I get in the vehicle. C) I would have to use data on my Verizon plan to use the ipad for NAV so I would have to increase my phone plan & cost of phone plan.

And D) Premium Plus package lease cost = $2,900 x .42 (residual on car is 58% @ 12K/39 months) = $1,218 over the 39 months for an integrated NAV with lane guidance, around view monitor, moving object detection, front & rear sonar system, rain sensing wipers, illuminated kickplates, + car payment is a write off in my business and should only increase the monthly payment about $32/month. I won’t have to buy an extra ipad & figure out how/where to mount it, I won’t have to increase my data on my phone plan, and won’t have to worry about ipad being stolen or losing it everytime I leave the vehicle which is often.

So although you might not think it makes sense, to me I would prefer the Premium Plus package.

2 Likes

Max, you beat me to it.