Off Topic Landfill

Strongly disagree. Active market feedback is exactly what helps people hack deals.

4 Likes

The problem with this certain “Chevy pro” is that he came on this site proclaiming no one can beat his deals, acts like a douche, trolls other threads, and then dishes it out, but can’t take it. From the other Hackr review above about this guy it doesn’t surprise me one bit. Why doesn’t this guy take a more professional approach like Cody or Trish. It just may get him somewhere in the long run.

1 Like

You people are ruthless.

How many times does the same thing need to be said? At this point, you’re beating a dead horse. Move on with your lives.

We get it…the deal isn’t great, and he could stand to take a Dale Carnegie class or 2.

1 Like

Sorry that your memory is so bad. It seems that our interactions are not as you are stating. I take offense when the truth has been twisted. I’m not here to debate an offer that I have share with the public. Some people think they are on this forum to save the world. The so called hackr review on this post was a guy trying to tell me a dealership was selling their corvette for 15% off and could not provide me with proof of this offer. The google searched offers that have been plastered on my post do not have leases offers either. I know that certain people may not like to hear the truth. I hope going forward that people refrain from making post in the Marketplace a war zone. I have no problem speaking with each individual one on one about each of their grievances they may have with my post on this forum. :thinking:

Ah, the good ol’ take it or leave it no haggle. Seems you’re at the wrong forum if that’s your stance. Thread should probably be locked because I see this guy getting hammered even more now.

1 Like

Even though this forum is focused on transparency and getting great deals, I think you are overly paranoid. If one were to find a real mistake in the dealer’s software, most likely it’s off by a few dollars max. You think it’s worth the trouble to fix? Especially for a broker, the dealer would never work with them again if they nicpick like that.

12 Likes

Damn dude, let me know when the hardcover comes out.

That is way too much work my friend…

9 Likes

I can’t wait for @ursus to chime in. Popcorn is warming as we speak.

My personal opinion…if I’m within a couple bucks of the dealers structure, I’m fine with that. It’s not worth my time or aggravation to beat him up over a few bucks/month.

4 Likes

Let’s not look for excuses. Paranoid? Hardly! I’ve seen lease agreements that don’t align with what was agreed. And, yes,sometimes there were some miscalculations. Doesn’t happen often but, it does happen. It’s not nitpicking… not by a long shot. Sorry you feel that way.
I’ve dealt with a Volvo dealer SM in NY on many leases and, she completely understood and was a pleasure to work with. Ditto for other dealerships I’ve worked with.

It doesn’t require time or effort to make changes provided you’re well organized.

Show us where the bad broker touched you. Seriously though, you are assuming facts not in evidence. Where on this forum have you seen brokers engaging in the behavior you are outlining in your manifesto?

2 Likes

Not much work at all if you’re well organized and have created outstanding software. I can bang out a lease proposal in 5 minutes after having done all the requisite research.

Sure it does. Been there done that with trying to battle over 5 bucks difference. Trying to convince a sales manager his software is wrong isn’t as easy as snapping your fingers. Not worth it to me.

1 Like

Are you for real? I’m not assuming anything. There is nothing presumptuous in my post. I’m not saying they’re not doing the calculations or not reviewing lease agreements… I said IF they’re not doing…Read it again.

Ah, I’ve never had your experience. The bet here is that you may have done something wrong in your calculations.

Agree. If I have a dealer who has dropped his shorts, I’m not going to stand on ceremony over a few bucks mismatch. Not worth my effort.

4 Likes

If there is a $5 difference in payment, you’re okay with that? I don’t like leaving money on the table especially when I’m working for a client… $5 per month x 36 months = $180. I don’t think my client would be happy if I’m charging him/her $400 to negotiate their lease.

Are we talking about dealers padding their numbers somewhere or actual miscalculations by the software?

It is a cry for help: “Hire me, someone! (but I’m inlicensed)”. He needs to register here like other brokers or stop soliciting by talking about his clients.

7 Likes

Ok, let me try it. If someone who has no evidence comes on a forum and makes baseless accusations in the form of a straw man question, should he be ridiculed? See, I didn’t say you did any of that stuff. I just asked the question.

3 Likes