Noob Lease Question HELP

Hey Guys!

I am looking at leasing a new car and getting out of my current lease that has $1580 left in payments. Currently the best offer I have gotten is for a Hyundai Elantra Value Edition @ $268 a month for a 15K and 36 months lease with first payment due at signing.

Is this a good deal? Is their another car I might do better with?

Please let me know!

Thanks,
Sam

I’m in Arizona :slight_smile:

I don’t qualify for any extra rebate (military, uber, college) Trying to get the price below $268 seems impossible and many dealers can’t even understand how I got it that low.

I’m going to the dealership in person tomorrow, anyone have any tips? I would really LOVE to have my payment below $250- it seems that my $1500 in lease payments that they need to cover hurt me…

You already got a response in another thread… 2017 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition Deal $88 Per Mo

Maybe look at dealers in SoCal? You can sign up for Uber for the incentive and never give a ride. It’s pretty easy from what I’ve read.

It sounds like you need to sit down, read posts here, and absorb some knowledge. Is there any reason why you don’t want to finish your current lease so that you don’t have to roll in payments into a new lease?

1 Like

In general rolling payments on any acquisition be it a lease or a regular purchase is a horrible idea. Patience is a virtue and yes I don’t always have it myself, but I try.

Believe me I would love to say in my car! It’s a three year lease 10k a year and I’m already at 30k two years in. My payment is only $105 a month and I have 15 months left. So thats my reasoning hahah. Just want to make sure I’m not getting screwed lol

Well, you are getting screed and most likely by yourself. If your driving pattern has not changed what are you going to do with next lease, roll that one into next in perpetuity?
My advise would be to bite the bullet now, park your current car (you can tell insurance you stopped driving it, should lower the premiums) buy a used beater and drive that until you turn your car in after 15 month and then decide if you want to lease or buy or hold on to the beater and save for the house :slight_smile:
That assuming you don’t have one already.