New to LH - Shopping a 2018 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Ecodiesel

Hey hackers,

New to leasing and been hanging out on here for the past month learning a bunch.

My plan is to reach out to a handful of dealers, get competing lease quotes and then try to work out a lease deal. Leasing has always been a black box to me but I feel much more informed and ready after studying this site.

Problem is I’ve started to reach out to a few dealers and I’m having a hec of a time getting any of them to give me a breakdown of a lease quote. Any tips, suggestions? What approach have you guys used to get folks to show you actual numbers of a lease deal? I’m trying to work by email but I think most dealerships want you to show up in person or call both of which I’d rather not do as I like dealing virtually.

Also does anyone have the latest/recent numbers on a 17/18 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Ecodiesel

they won’t lease you a 17, only an 18.
The 18s have about $10k in rebates made up of about 5 or 6 rebates. First you need to figure out what the rebates are in your area, otherwise you won’t know how much discount the dealer gives you.

You can find the MF and RV numbers over on Edmunds (https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/47966/ram/1500/2018-ram-1500-lease-deals-and-prices) by posting your exact trim, months/miles, and location.

That way even if the dealerships aren’t giving you those numbers, you can still do a rough calculation of your monthly based off the selling price they’re giving you.

just found this post: How to Get Actual Quotes Out of Dealers
and its money. Going to change my approach and draft my own deal and present numbers when I reach out to a dealership.

Next step is to dial in on a 2018 and find out what rebates and incentives I qualify for (I’m in CA) Going to do some digging online and see what I come up with. I’ll post my final numbers on my deal I come up with and run it by you all.

I’ve found that dealers are less willing to deal on EcoDiesel vs Hemi

Ok leasehacker friends here is what I have so far. This is a real deal that I am interested in and its active right now. I want to dial in this offer and am getting lost in the “Due at signing part”.

Here is the deal right now as it stands in their site:;

dealer_price

And here is my spread sheet that I am looking to send to them as my “offer”.

Could you guys check this out and let me know a) if this is a good deal as it stands b) how can I better detail out the “Due at Signing” section in particular I am not sure what taxes are due at signing, and also how much reg and title fees are.

Thanks! (hope my uploads work)

Have you confirmed that you qualify for all of those rebates?

Good question - I’m not sure if I qualify - need to look into each one

Some may only apply to purchase as well so double check that too

Got a question on MF. Here is a thread from Edmunds and I got a MF of .00015.
Does this seem right? According to my calculations this give me a monthly finance charge of $9.60?

Here is how I’m calculating the finance charge:

(Final Sales Price + Residual) = 64,028
(Final Sales Price + Residual) * .00015 = 9.60

And here is my updated lease breakdown:

It’s entirely possible for that to be the MF. I’ve seen Infiniti have a MF of .00003 - yes, that’s four zeroes before the 3.

1 Like

I seriously doubt any salesperson would look at that spreadsheet. Most don’t understand how a lease works or how to calculate it.

On your spreadsheet, there are quite a bit of errors. The retail cash/incentives are for purchases, not leases. The acq fee and doc fee look wrong. And why are you putting a security deposit?

1 Like

that’s funny because I just talked to them and they said that I do qualify for those rebates/ incentives. we walked through all of them and the only one I did not qualy for was the CACJA because my credit score is too high.

still learning about fees as this is pretty nebulous. followed this guys advice and this is why i included sec dep.

what do acq. fee and doc fee normally look like?

Acq fee depends on which bank you with (Chrysler Capital, Ally, US Bank, etc). In CA, the doc fee is $80, but there are other fees like electronic filing fee too.

Just worked with a dealer and got the following quote:

Term: 3yrs@12kmiles/yr
MSRP: $52560
Discount: $5812
Rebates: $8250
Final Sale Price: $38498
Residual: 50%
MF: .00015
Monthly Payment: $464.63 + Tax

This makes no sense to me as when I run my numbers I get a totally different number.

Use the LH calculator. My guess is they are leasing through a 3rd party (thus why you qualify for retail rebates on a lease) and they are using a different MF than is published on Edmunds.

Have you looked at F150. If the 3k Private Cash Offer is still available, that would save 80-120/mth on a lease.

Not that into the F150, its a nice truck for sure but just not what I’m after. I’m really focusing on the RAM and having fun getting out there with dealers and trying to work deals.

By the way when I sent the dealer my calculations and asked why their numbers were not matching mine this is what he said and never responded again lol.

“We have computer programs to do that, sorry I cant help there.”

Told you they wouldn’t look. Not only do they not know how to do calculate it themselves, but they can’t just trust a random calculator/worksheet.

Good luck, FCA dealers seem pretty terrible to deal with