New to Forum - 2019 Sierra Lease Deal

My boss turned me on to this forum. We were looking at a 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Texas Edition and possibly leasing it. Trying to determine if this is a good deal. Our credit is currently Tier 2.

MSRP 51,750
Savings 5,000
Selling Price 46,750
Rebate 3,500
Options 2,531.80 (includes 1933 lease buy out)
Sub-total 45,781.80
Fees 361.50
Sales Tax 2,952.05
Net Sales Price 49,095.35

48mo/10k 2,000 rebate
Zero Down Monthly at 647.02
2000 down monthly at 597.68
4000 down monthly at 549.31

Seems a little high to me but with the 3 month buy out of our currently lease basically keeps the payment the same as out last (which carried over alot of negative equity). Way before I knew about this site.

Dealer gave us until tomorrow to decide 2/28.

Also…they told me the residual is 62% and the MF is at .00278

48 months is a long lease term - a lot can change between now and then. Are you going to be good on 10K miles that long (no significant life changes)? Are you going to be OK being in the same car for 4 years - you seemingly didn’t even make it all the way through your current lease?

The lease we are turning in was also a 48 month lease and final payment is in May 2019. I work 10 miles from work and work from home 2-3 days a week. Mileage is really not an issue.

If miles aren’t a concern for you, why don’t you just ride out your current lease if the payment is the same? You have a pretty solid discount at 10% before incentives, but you give up a decent chunk of that by burying your remaining payments into this lease. Not that it makes a huge deal, but what are the $600 in dealer options - I usually try to get them to wave any glazing or etching?

This also may be a stupid question, but should I assume since you’re looking at the Texas edition that you’re in Texas?

1 Like

other dealer options is window tint and wheel locks. Yes…I am in Texas.

I am considering making a down of 1000 to help cover cost of prior lease. Just not sure if the same discounts will still be around come May with as many 2018s they still had. They will not lease a 2018.

Thanks again for your input!!

I’m not a Texas lease expert, but you may want to search here for a Texas lease tax credit. It seems some dealerships sometimes can offer tax credits on leases. I have no clue how they work or if Chevy offers, but here is a prior discussion: Buying vs leasing in TX

Between the taxes and your prior lease payments, that would drop your price by almost $5k. Good luck!

I’d wait, it’s a new model and there’s no reason to roll those payments in. The incentives will only get better going into the summer. Use credit karma to look at your credit and see if you can get your score up, that MF is high.

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback! I asked them this morning about the Tax Lease Credit and he said he thought it was available on the Yukon but he wasnt sure about the Sierra. Finance manager is checking. That will save close to $3k!

I was up until midnight last night reading through the forum. This is such a great place with people helping everyone to get the best deals. Very cool site!

I’d wait. The 2019 GMCs and Chevys are not moving. Still a backlog of 2018s to get rid of. The incentives will get better in coming months as they need to start pushing the 19s. I have a 2016 Sierra that ends in April and I’ve been watching these for months. I am waiting.

2 Likes

I like the look of the 18’s as well…I would have been fine leasing one of those at a great price, but they would not lease the 18. Still contemplating what to do.

What vehicle are you currently leasing?

Its a 2015 Buick Enclave that we got for my wife 4 years ago. We rolled way too much negative equity into it thus the really high payment on it. Last payment on it would be May.

Since you are staying in GM family I’d check to see if your VIN is eligible for GM pull ahead program. You can ask your dealer to check your VIN or direct message chevysalesgirl on the forum here and ask if she will do it. She did mine for me.

Also if you are currently leasing through GM financial they have a loyalty program running where they will waive your disposition fee and up to $500 each for excess wear and mileage charges if you are leasing again through GM financial.

Thanks for the info!! I called and they will waive the disposition and give me the $500 for excess wear! Great suggestion!

I did get a mailer for the Pull Ahead program but they said it was only available on another Buick…or that the Sierra wouldnt qualify.