New incentives for VW DIESELs

The topic is actually quite interesting, so thanks to the OP. I am mocking the dealer who is proposing 445 as a lease payment.

With this, calculator gives a different number

So I am trying to understand how the dealer comes up with 445? What’s wrong with that? Are you a dealer?

I spoke to two dealers already about diesels and it turned out that no incentives can be applied to the lease on top of $9500 rebate. Residuals are very low for these cars so it won’t be a good lease. Also, one of the dealers marked up both MF (to .00202) and the price (by $3000) as ‘there is long waiting list for diesels and they will all sell next week’.

Are these TDI’s listed online? I’ve received two mass emails about TDI’s being in stock, but when I search their inventory, I find nothing. Nor do I find any on cars.com or autotrader.com. Is this a game of hide and seek to find the TDI’s? It’s funny people think these won’t sell. You can bet your arse they will sell out quickly!

You’re better off calling dealership and asking about tdi’s. I couldn’t find any on the website too but after I called and went to the dealership they took me to the hidden lot where they had them parked so that I could choose the one I like.

cars.com should some of them

Here from cars.com:

Amazing … Is this how much dealers will lie and cheat? Even a lawyer would be ashamed of what it takes to be a VW car dealer.

1 Like

Are there any incentives for Audi? Specifically, the A3 TDI.

Let us know if you find out. When my Audi TT was in for service about two years ago I was provided with an A3 TDI rental for a few days and I loved the car.

deleted post

2 Likes

Are people seriously paying sticker + current incentives for 2-3 year old model years? Ummm… Wtf?

Is crooked VW seriously charging those prices and lease rates? I hope doj sues them for racketeering.

Well, with $8,500 customer cash they technically set RV on 2015 cars to 72% (based on $31K Golf SEL) after 24 month. But I agree it’s way too high considering all their crap and 2 years old model.

So to get this right… You deduct 8500 after the residual not before?

Still not a bad car to lease if you really want one. If its junk with the new modifications give it back after 24 months. Most of the buyouts should be 9-13k which is cheap for a TDI with 30k miles.

Residual = % of MSRP. Ex: 43% RV of $31K MSRP = $13,330. You negotiate sale price off MSRP (i.e. 10% off MSRP), then deduct $8,500. That will be your Cap Cost.

That residual is based on 24 month lease, not 36.

Even then the payment shows at 220 for 24 months, so how does lying cheating crooked vw come up with 445?

deleted post

So VW dealers are selling two-year-old cars by marking up the MSRP to pocket the manufacturer incentives? Consumers, sit tight and make them come to you!!

Doesn’t make sense because it looks like it’s $8,500 lease/$5,000 finance customer cash. And as such, it doesn’t come out of dealer’s pocket and they cannot pocket it. So I think if they sell at MSRP, there is still customer cash to bring the selling price down.