New Dad, Limited Budget, Need Advice

Hi Hackrs,

I’m about to become a Dad in a couple of months and I’m on a limited budget for my next lease. My last two leases were for BMW coupes that were nearly fully loaded with 300+hp. Now it’s time for something a bit more family friendly but I’d still like to get something that not going to bore me to death every time I get behind the wheel. I’m a tech nerd so a good infotainment system with nice tech features are important. A base model of anything just tends to make me feel like I’m missing out. That might be something that I’m just going to have to get over if I want to stay in budget. Compromises are inevitable but Id like to limit them as much as possible.

My budget is $300/m including 8.25% CA sales tax. I could put some money down but I’d rather not. MSDs are a possibility. I only need 10k miles/year.

I need something with rear doors and room in the back for rear facing child seat and enough trunk space for a stroller and other baby requirements. Some options I’ve considered are the Mazda 6, Honda Accord, VW GTI, and Chevy Bolt.

I see several Mercedes C300 loaner deals being posted around $300/m but I can’t seem to find anything like that here is the SF Bay Area.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

-mike

I’ve had great success with assuming leases. I like Ford because the application and transfer cost is only $75, although it may take 4-6 weeks to complete all of the transfer paperwork once the application is submitted.

This is a Fusion Energi for $218/mo for 20 months 930 miles/mo

Great deal on a nicely equipped Edge for 32 months! under $300 and 11k miles per year.

Can you transfer Ford nationwide or within same state only?

Nationwide except for GM/Chevy/Buick as they require intra-state transfers only. I’m in OH and have transferred a MI Camry and recently a MI Ford Escape. Ford is great regarding the transfer. Communication is not the best but once you get the right contact numbers they are good about keeping you informed.

Prior to those I accepted a transfer from Philly to OH on a Ford Expedition. Never saw the Expedition and had it transported to me once the paperwork was complete. That was a great deal on a 2008 because original lessee purchased when they were giving them away because of $5 gas. The SUV was worth $4000 more than the residual buy out at the lease end.

Thanks for the info. Ford for the win!

Nice takeover in So. Cal. Maybe worthe the trip down and drive back.