Need Suggestion for scratches - Lease ending very soon

My lease is ending in April so i got the inspection done in Feb.
Post inspection, got some scratches on the side.(Pics attached)
How much they can charge when i return the car post lease completion?
Are there any other suggestions for getting it fixed?

1 Like

Is that an Acura? AFS allows $750 in damages.

Yes … its Acura RDX. So will this be covered in that amount?

I do have a demaged side mirror as well for which they quoted 450 during inspection so i am left with 300 more for covering the demages.
Do you know if that amount will be sufficient to cover these Scratches?

I would take my chances and hope for a no charge. It is unlikely you can get it fixed for much less unless you can DIY anyways.

Use a little elbow grease and remove the paint color. That’ll help conceal it.

They look superficial in the pictures, are they down to the bare metal? If not you could try a little bit of polishing compound if they are just surface scratches. That’s worked well for me in the past, just don’t overdo it (you could even try buffing it out with wax first since it’s less abrasive, then move to polishing compound if that doesn’t work). Also, the car just looks like a plain old white in those photos (I’m sure Acura has a fancy name for it, looks like White Diamond Pearl? Check the window sticker/documentation). You could probably just order an OEM touch up kit on Amazon for around 20 bucks or so and take care of it if you are really worried about it.

This doubles to $1,500 if you lease another Acura.

I agree, that looks like surface paint from whatever rubbed against it. Try buying a clay bar and some lubricant(detail spray), that may take it off. If not, some polishing compound should do the trick. Either way it will look a lot better than it does now. Good luck.

1 Like

That can easily be buffed out in 5 mins to the point where it is unnoticeable. Take it to a detailer.

1 Like

+1 for a good detailer

1 Like

The scratches don’t look deep based on the pictures. I would be able to buff the majority of that off (if not completely) to make it less noticeable

Get some rubbing compound, polishing compound, and a microfiber cloth. A little elbow grease will remove the marks.

Polishing compound, a rag or applicator and a few minutes of elbow grease should get it back to pretty much unnoticeable I would think.

1 Like

You could be doing MUCH more elbow grease using a polishing compound rather than rubbing. Difficult to determine the degree of damage based on the pictures, but I almost always use a rubbing compound with paint transfers. I used to have a mild obsession with detailing, and I’m usually the go-to guy for people :laughing:

1 Like

D’oh, @zaimer is right, RUBBING compound should do the trick :slight_smile:

Is this a good item - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UVUAFO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If not, can you please suggest some product and from where i can buy.

TIA.