Need help on 330e quote

Hi

First time so be gentle. Got this quote. I am in TN (9.25% tax). I know there’s still a lot of work to do on this but feel they’re motivated. Would love your advice on next steps.

MSRP 53145
Sales Price 47000
Residual 61% 32,418
MF .00249 (I know BMW base rate is .00188, and I qualify)
Term 36 months/ 10,000 miles - open to 24 but havent quoted yet.
Doc fee is $589 and Acquisition is $925
Trying to do first payment drive off
Incentive $5,000

Couple of questions:

1. Dealer is in Sonic group - claims they have to give .00288 to cover admin costs. Never give .00188. True?
  2. Salesguy said I can drop dingshield and permaplate but they cant take kahu gps out. Rather than argue, do i just try to get him to take another $299 of sales price?
  3. Im trying to get to $475 per month. HIgher than people have paid in the past but I think realistic in the curren environment. Is this reasonable to try to acheive?
  4. Once I have a good quote from him, I’ll shop a few other southeastern dealers who i know have similar stock to fine tune the price.
  5. Does the final monthly price they offer include the monthly sales tax or thats on top?

So far have not gone to the dealership :wink:

1 Like

Run… run fast.

The discount is only slightly more than 10% and you can certainly do better, around 15% or more, even on a new 2018 car.

They add 2.4% interest for admin costs? Come on… amazing other dealers are able to keep the lights on without do so. That’s over $3k in added cost. Just them trying to get away with that would make me not want to work with them.

Definitely refuse any addons but if the Kahu device is hardwired and preinstalled get the car discounted or just compare it to other dealers that don’t have this added fee.

$475/month is possible… have you looked at loaner inventory near you? Also leverage MSDs if you have the extra loot to drop your payment another $20-$30/month.

This looks like BMW of Nashville, right? I’m in Nashville too and negotiated a 440 for a friend in November. They claimed the same on the MF as well, but ultimately came down to the base rate.

Be careful with them on the rebates. Have you been to edmunds to make sure $5k is correct? They refused to give my friend the correct rebate from Edmunds, swearing that I was wrong, then had him sign something after the fact (without my knowledge), amending the rebate to the correct amount, and didn’t refund him anything - they raised the sales price and the rebate by $1,000.

If I were you, I’d just go to United BMW in Atlanta. Let them know that you’ll be down there for business in a couple of weeks and want to pre-negotiate a deal to walk in and sign. You’ll get a much better deal. It does take some back and forth though. Good luck!

Thanks, lol, yes I know this is runaway material! But it’s their first crazy offer and they want to move this car.
Unfortunately no loaners.

They’re down to $46,000 plus addons and MF of .0236 and a monthly of $521 - “Great Deal!” they’re saying!

I’m going to get them to drop add ons, deduct $299 for Kahu which they say is already hardwired in. and either drop rate to .00188 or deduct another $1,500 from sales price to make up for marked up MF. That still puts it at 16% off. This gets me to $443 a month if they,ll go for it. Bascially, I’m just asking for another $1,800 off to make the deal work.

Thanks, I’ve reached out to United and Nalley. Nashville is clear on the rebate (which unfortunately just went down to $5000 from $6,000). Once i get a reasonable deal from one of them, I’ll shop all 3 and see what they can do. If they drop the junk and lower to .00188 it comes out at $443 which I dont think is bad?

15% or more on new huh? Those are what is referred to as unicorns. Doesn’t happen as easily as you suggest.

It’s tough. For most on this forum, it wouldn’t be great at $443, but we’re in a small market. You’d likely be paying less than whoever else you know that drives the same car.

1 Like

That’s bs, sonic dealers in CA were giving base MF when I was shopping.

In CA, 12% off msrp before incentives wasn’t difficult to achieve, but I assume it would be harder to get 12-15 in TN. If the dealer is giving you problems with the MF and refusing to budge, all I can suggest is to go to another dealer. Reducing the marked up MF is the easiest way to lower the monthly.

To counter their argument about sonic admin cost, I guess email a CA sonic dealer (I think Pleasanton/east bay) and see what MF they are offering for a 3 series.

Thanks for all the great feedback you guys. It’s still early stages so we’ll so where we get with the back and forth. I’m in no rush and this car is not flying off the lot. I’ll keep you posted when the dealers open tomorrow.

Around 15% is a unicorn deal? 330e is not a popular car and see most new ‘18 BMWs can be discounted for 13% or more. Seems like you are nitpicking without providing any help to the OP.

If calling out 15% is considered nitpicking, I guess I’m nitpicking.

I’d sure like to see the dealer list of ones participating in this discount.

Another question on this - how easy/hard is it to get MSDs back at the end? I’m thinking once the deal is hammered out, I’ll drop 7 MSDs on this but not if it’s going to be a headache at the end trying to get it refunded.

Where did you end up on the deal?

They got down to a ridiculous $521 a month with $1,300 DAS and would never give me a breakdown. Then stopped talking to me on Monday when I asked them to remove add-ons and put MF to .00188 to start a negotiation. Best I can guess is:

MSRP $53,145
Selling Price $46,000
Dingshield, Permaplate, Kahu $1,189 (seriously)
Doc $589
Acquisition $925
Rebate $5,000
Adjusted cap cost $43,165
Residual 61%
MF .00236?

Weirdly, some customer service rep called me last night to book my VIP test drive with the salesperson. I told her I hadn’t heard from them in almost a week and was ready to sign another deal with an out of town dealer - she put me on indefinite hold looking for the salesperson.

I’m in talks with United in Atlanta, they have a lot of demos. I’m in no rush, so we’ll see.

1 Like

Did you end up making any moves on this? I’m also in Nashville and considering a visit to ATL dealers.