Need Help: Best sub-$250 car lease in CA

A good friend of mine is getting a divorce and needs to rebuild his life urgently. Car is staying with his wife and he is moving out by the end of the week and needs a car ASAP.

He has a budget of $250 per month and is looking for a 24 months lease. 0$ if possible but he can do up to $1000.

He doesn’t care about what car it is, it should have some cargo space (Golf size or larger)

thanks!

Sorry to hear about your friend but all the Chevy’s are “on sale” this month. The Equinoxes have space (assume to move stuff out) and are about $115-120/mo. NorCal or SoCal?

If he qualifies for the Asian brand Conquest rebate, then the answer is Chevy Chevy Chevy

How would he qualify? Through his former wife? :slight_smile:

He hasn’t moved out yet, they technically live in the same household.

LA area, so Southern California

Yes, but will she agree to provide him with the proof of lease?

So I guess the next question will be “is the divorce amicable or not?”

3 Likes

Let’s not assume the wife does anything. They have a BMW anyways.

This will be your friend’s next car. It’s only for 24 months, then he can get back to a BMW. $1,700 one-time payment so no need to remember to pay for the car in the next 24 months, I’m sure he has other bigger things to think about

1 Like

From bmw to equinox?? Ouch that hurts twice as much

I’m sure the car is not the most important thing right now. With his budget of $250/mo, this is really a 7-month lease for him. He can get a BMW on month 8 and still be ahead

This sounds like a great option for him. Any recommendations on a dealer in the LA area?

Don’t know off the top of my head, if nobody chimes in, this is the epic Equinox thread (almost 600+ replies) and has some dealers in LA

Go talk to @ChevyPhil. Your friend will qualify for 1500 conquest instead of 3000 otherwise you should be able to replicate this:

1 Like

can anyone recommend a Chevy sales person/dealer in the LA/OC area?

This guy

Also, consider checking the lists of Chevy here, https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/?make=chevrolet&model=equinox&listing_order=price&listing_orderby=DESC. They are one of the best and trusted dealer in CA.

Do you work for them? All your posts links to their website, even though they are NOT good deals.