My first lease- Infiniti QX60

I need a little guidance from the hackrs, who by the way are amazing, I have been hooked on leasehackr for the past 2 days, reading and LEARNING,thank you.

The main thing that’s setting me back on my lease is my trade, I have a 2010 Infiniti ex35 journey (loaded) that I am still financing. I feel like no matter what, I will be upside down. My current payment is $360 so I would love to stay within the same range, I would love less, but $20/$30 more won’t break the bank. I am planning to put $ towards MSD to help me with my monthly payments. I do want the premium plus package. I am in South FL (Broward, Miami, Palm Beach), are there any negotiation tactics that I could use in my favor? I am planning on going this upcoming Saturday, so maybe some Memorial Day specials? What are some of the fees that I would be able to negotiate in my favor?

*I have already filled out a KBB appraisal in the Sawgrass Infiniti website and got a quote of $10,100.
*I have also redeemed a 110% KBB guarantee coupon for the same dealership.
*I have shared that with the salesman and he said that he can work with that.
*Based on my interest my boss is now thinking of going with me on Saturday with the purpose of leasing a car as well. Would the fact that we are leasing 2 cars help me bargain?
*Through my employer I am a member of perks at work, they happen to offer car buying “discounts” through truecar(they just paired me with dealerships). I did complete an application for my desired car and was contacted by 3 local dealerships. One seems to have decent up front discounts on MSRP, another has 80 EIGHTY qx60 in their lot which I read could be used as a bargaining tool as well.

ANY HELP AND WISDOM WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU😊

First thing is that you need to separate the trade in from the deal. It’s a completely separate deal. Do you have a Carmax locally? If so, take it there and get an appraisal that will be good for 7 days. That offer should be your worst case scenario on your current vehicle.

Don’t play the dealerships “monthly payment” game. Negotiate the price, make sure you’re getting buy rate MF, non-marked up fees, etc. Do your research and make sure you know the numbers. When making an offer, spell it out for them, just like you want to see the deal. MSRP, MF, RV, dealer discount, rebates, aqcuisitiion, fees, taxes, etc.

2 Likes

2018 Infiniti QX60 Base FWD - South Florida - 16.5% OFF - $219+tax with VPP and Loyalty. $256 with VPP or Loyalty. $295 without VPP. $2k DAS + $2800 MSD boom. You won’t even have to negotiate. I’d just get this considering how awful South Florida dealers are

Carmax probably won’t give you shit for a 2010. Sell it privately.

1 Like

Why do you “feel” that? Shouldn’t you be close to paying it off by now?

And you realize the folly in directly comparing a finance payment (where you eventually own something of value) vs a lease payment (where you eventually own nothing and instead get a bill), right?

I purchased the car used, so I owe about 14k

How can you owe 14 on it unless you just bought it and paid way too much? If I were you, I’d stick it out and at least pay your financing until you’re even.

$4000 in negative equity adds over $100 a month to a lease payment. You aren’t getting a QX60 at the price point you want. It just isn’t going to happen

I most definitely did. I was in a bad accident, I waited about a year to get a new car and I was not finding what I was looking for at the time. I purchased my ex35 in 2016, internet price was a little over 21, I was able to negotiate a little, after fees and all it came out to almost 20. So yeah…
It’s all on me! i take full responsibility, I was impulsive. I waited a long time to get a new car and I had a very bad experience at OffLease Only (they were assholes). So when I saw the car I went for it.

This must be the 100th thread of someone viewing leasing as some sort of panacea for poor purchase/financing decisions in the past.

When you make this trade, you’re still paying your negative equity, except now you’re paying more interest and taxes on top.

6 Likes

Thank you for your response.

I am back, please disregard my last post.
So I went to a nearby Infiniti dealership last night to go over numbers, and pretty much see what they could do for me as far as my trade in. Here is what they came up with.

My trade in: 2010 Infiniti EX35
Trade in value: 10k
N. Equity: 4k

MSRP: $48,995
Sales price: $41,918 14%
+4k: $45, 918
MF: .00085
Doc fee:$1403
Acquisition fee: $795
Miles: 10k
Months: 39
Lic & reg: $365 (most likely be less)
Tax: 6% Florida
Residual: 58%
Drive off: $2417
Monthly:$565
Down:0
MSD: 0

The math is there…I realize that no matter what, my payments will be affected by my equity, so I just have to pretty much deal with the high payments for my first lease and level out from there. I am going back to the dealership today with my boss(for his own lease), what are the chances that I can get them to lower the sale price to at least 18% instead of 14%? Not a huge difference, but it would lower my payment by $54.

PS: I do have an appointment later this morning at a bigger Infiniti dealership in the area. The weather is super crappy, we are expecting storms with 7 inches of rain, so maybe they won’t be so busy?maybe I will get lucky?

Thank you all for your responses and advice. I ended up going to Ford and Audi. Ford was a bad idea lol, but somebody referred me there. Audi a much better experience. They first tried to get me to get a 42 month lease for 563 and 2500 down, they also offered me less money for my car at first. I said no, if I was gonna get the same rate as the ex60 might I well go back for the car that I originally wanted.
I said that I would check out a couple of more dealerships to see if I could get an offer closer to what I’m looking for. On my way out the sales manager came up to me and agreed to give me the 2018 A4 for 36 months for $445 and 2500 up front. So far that’s the best I’ve gotten. So I said that I will go back tomorrow to close the deal.

I know that the A4 is a small car, but I had a little talk with my husband and we decided that I had to sacrifice the big car for now. In 3 years we will see…

Can we get this merged into OP’s existing thread? No need for a new one.

Anyway, you don’t have equity in your car… You have negative equity. Two very different things. Get in touch with the salesman in this topic(2018 Infiniti QX60 Base FWD - South Florida - 16.5% OFF - $219+tax with VPP and Loyalty. $256 with VPP or Loyalty. $295 without VPP. $2k DAS + $2800 MSD) . 16.5% off without any hassle. An extra 4% off is a rather big difference, not a small one

1 Like

Please run from that deal. Essential lease payment $632. :astonished::flushed:

Ok so even if it’s a big difference… Do you think that they may do it? I guess I have nothing to lose, they can either say yes or no, or meet me in the middle right?

I’m going based on other posts, have been hooked on this page the entire week, almost no sleep reading different experiences and tips etc… a lot of posts mention that dealers ARE able to drop the price significantly. (20-25%)

I appreciate your response. Thank you

I know it’s really high :pensive:. Even with my negative equity you think it’s too much? Do you think they will budge a little today?

I think you have a pretty good shot at telling them what you want and them either saying yes or no, if they say no then move on or just get a hold of the Infiniti broker from FL. Your negative brings the payment up another $102 a month. Please do NOT sign anything without posting it here. First go seems super high for a $48k car. I recommend doing nothing but first payment due at signing and use MSD’s to your advantage if you can swing the extra $$$, that will help you on the payment too.

1 Like

You need to read a lot more on here. Almost everyone will tell you not to step foot in a dealer to negotiate. Do it all over email

1 Like

Yes, I’m very hesitant. I took my boss because he has a lot of experience leasing and to “help” me negotiate, he pretty much threw me to the wolves telling me that I should take the loss because of my 4k and take the car 🤦.
I am thinking of texting the guy from the second dealership the offer that I got, pretty much telling him that if he can’t do better there’s no point of me going later. Too mean?

I mentioned the MSD last night and the sales manager insisted that it would not make a difference w the qx60 because of the MF. He is right, I would have to put 5k to go down to 504.

It’s a learning experience, my first lease. Just how I learned my lesson on bad purchase decision (my current car).