Mercedes GLE350W4 Lease or other mid sized SUV

Some background…
Currently leasing BMW X4 2015…lease up June 19, payment $666.00 approximately $54k sales price but I now know that was probably too high (and I made a downpayment) but it was my first lease and I learned a ton from this forum which I stalk regularly. My credit score was 740 then, currently 661 fico auto 8, checked today on myfico…doing some credit repair work. No late payments on current lease.

I was interested in midsize suv’s so I went to Land Rover today for a Velar quote. Sales person told me the last one he leased to a customer with MSRP 75k was $950 , so the one I was interested in at $67k would be close to that so if I was not willing to make a $900 month payment , it wouldn’t work. Said he was guessing it would be 3 times whatever I was paying currently. I left. I did not disclose credit score after he adamantly provided this info.

Went to Mercedes down the street.
Got the below quote. Of course, minor details provided until I asked for specifics ( learned here). Again, I did not disclose credit score up front. Wanted to see “best quote” first.

GLE350W4
LEASE
STATE: NY
MSRP $60,740
SALES PRICE $57,500
MONEY FACTOR 0.000280
36 MONTHS
10,000 MILES
RESIDUAL 54%
Net residual $32,799.60
$4702 UP FRONT
PMT MONTHLY $705.63 is monthly rent $25.23 plus $680.40 monthly depreciation.

I always see this board recommend no down payment so same terms as above equals $829.61 monthly.
I asked about loaners for lease, same model, was told none available. I asked about other incentives, also told none available. Asked for sales price reduction, was told already took $3k off.

It was frustrating because this doesn’t seem to meet any of the guidelines I’ve learned on here. And this is without the hike that will probably occur after my 660 credit score shows up.

I did not allow anyone to pull my credit report or fill in any applications.

Please provide feedback. Thank You

You know this is an awful deal so why post it? Reach out to other dealers. Find loaners. Find a cosigner so you can possibly get a better MF.

It may also help to take Negotiating 101

Guess I needed confirmation it was horrible:-) I’ll work on it and repost other offers, hopefully better.

Agree. But that was day 1, I will do better tomorrow.

Don’t start new threads to post them. Keep everything here so it stays organized (as long as it is the same model)

Going to be difficult to overcome that residual, best to look for big msrp/discounted loaner and shoot for 24 mo term.

So the day after I posted this horrible offer, I went to a different dealership and got this offer instead:

Loaner 2018 GLE 4900 miles
MSRP $62,945
Sales Price $53,500
36 month
12k MILES
RESIDUAL 53%
Money factor 0.00028
Pmt $672
$1000 down
I’m trying to get a lower sales price so my payment goes to $500 range…
Credit score went up to 680 regular fico across the board, so auto is probably 690, hope to hit 700’s this month

Called original dealer back too, he offered
Loaner gle350w4
MSRP $60,815
SALES PRICE $52,500
1500 or of pocket
Pmt $629, did not provide me or residual via email

I did not take either of these offers. Is a 20% discount realistic? That’s my goal. I’m going to shop around more as well. Yes I’m working on Negotiating 101.

1 Like

You might look at this deal from NYClife: Mercedes loaner deals with fleet [nj/pa/norcal]

Look @nyclife just posted for a GLE

You didn’t notice that I posted the same thing you did? :smirk:

1 Like

They went through at the same time. It wasnt there before I sent my comment. lol