Mercedes AMG E63 Wagon Lease

There are over 3000 eligible companies in the A-Plan program with participation increasing every year.
Please check with your employer.

Yep, there is $6,750 on purchase and $2,750 (NE) on lease, plus $3k a-plan.

@baconbacon
@Siejammy
Sorry for the delayed response. A few things in no particular order:

-From the standpoint of Leasehackr and the “1% rule” which in short says that a lease deal is “good” if your monthly payment is under 1% of the MSRP, the AMG E63S Wagon and Sedan are “bad” leases. I was able to find a dealer willing to deal - again, all relative - and the best I could do was $1800/mo for 36/10K on a $125k MSRP car. The discounts get to the 5-7% range but that’s about it. Youcan do 10 MSDs, but that’s a lot of cash to tie up, even at a good rate of return, and not something leasers are used to generally. I can’t recall the specifics but the MSDs would’ve gotten my lease down to something like $1630. The E400 (now E450 I believe for 2019) isn’t quite as bad, but still cannot be had for under the 1% threshold. MB just doesn’t seem to want/need to incentivize volume the way that, say, BMW does with their heavily discounted from MSRP, inflated RVs, etc.

-The Jaguar can indeed be had as a “good” or even great lease, but I agree about the interior. Awesome exterior though, especially in all black…wheels, trim, etc.

-Some thoughts on the Volvo. After a LOT of handwringing, after having a big deal I was looking at that fell through, wanting a “good” deal, etc. I wound up leasing a Volvo V90 CC. It was loaded ($70k MSRP + Polestar tune) and on the floor, and they wanted to push it out. ‘Sale’ price on the lease was something like $59k. My payment is $682. So, a “good” lease. Deals like this can still readily be had.

Unfortunately, I really don’t love the car. It’s great looking IMO, the interior is beautiful, interior space is great, mileage nice for the size, I get lots of compliments on it. I reeeeeeally want to love it. HOWEVER, the build quality is short of MB and BMW, the transmission programming is poor, the dealer experience below the top brands (if you care about that stuff), and the Sensus system can be a slow dog. But worst of all - the engine is just plain…well…uninspiring to drive, even in Dynamic mode, even with the Polestar tune. It’s an engineering tour de force…a 2L 4 cylinder that is both turbo and supercharged for over 300hp and lb-ft of torque.

But. BUT. BUT! You will never, ever, ever, mistake it for a silky BMW 6 cylinder (I’ll say nothing about Satan’s work in the E63S…) The sound, the power delivery, all of it. Just not what I’d like. The test drive was fine, but I wasn’t honest with myself frankly, and was caught up in the “good” deal available, rather than focusing on what I really wanted.

Volvo leases are essentially impossible to get out of, so I’m stuck with it for another couple years or so. If I had to do it all over again, I would lease a Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo, the base version, which I had a quote on a decent build for something like $1300-1400/mo (the ‘S’ was the same $1800/mo as the AMG btw).

2 Likes

Sorry you feel that way about your Volvo. What was the msrp on that Panamera?

AMG leases are horrible, i have purchased all of my AMG cars, one time when i was shopping for a c63 coupe the lease payment and downpayment came out to $10k more then if i just bought the car at MSRP never saw that before and i wish i kept the paperwork instead of leaving abruptly.

@Yinzer - the S was about $125k and the base was $115k, or thereabouts. At the time, my thinking was “for the same $1800/mo I could have the top of the line MB, or the middle of the road ‘S’ Porsche” and I got kind of caught up in that. For some stupid reason that crowded the base Panamera out of my thinking.

@Quinn - yes for sure. For these cars, you could take the $18k that you’d use for MSDs, use it as a downpayment, and financing for 60 payments and the monthly is lower. Not advocating per se, just observing. They just don’t lease well.

PIX PLZ THNX

@Bjam holy bananas. Want to know something crazy? I first saw the car in the showroom in December of 2017. Signed the paperwork just before 12/31 and took delivery in early January. You know how many pix of the car there are in my cloud? Zero. And I take a LOT of pix, and have put over 10000 miles on it! Says much.

Went outside to take these for you…car is filthy, sorry. Wife’s X5 beyond it.

1 Like

yay!

It’s such a pretty wagon! I do think it looks better in the darker colours but It’s just. so. practical! *salivates

heh. Thanks. Agreed it’s pretty. And practical. With the Luxury package as in this car, the body molding is paint color rather than dark plastic. That’s the only problem with the darker colors - most are not available with the Luxury package, so you get the dark gray/black plastic trim around the wheel wells and along the bottom.

Also, when this car is detailed, the black trim, wheels, etc. look amazing contrasting with the metallic white.