Mazda CX-5 GT - all over $400 here in SoCal?

Been shopping around for a new car…tried the Mazda CX-5 yesterday…nice ride. However, the pricing is dreadful. Using Truecar, getting numerous offers on phone and in person, they are all well over 400 with tax (zero drive off, 36/12K)…most are around 450. Galpin gave me 414 for a 31K car. One dealer flat out told me they lease terribly right now and wait to February as things can only get better…seemed like a straight shooter.

I may just get another Subaru…I can get a loaded Outback 3.6 for under 400 all in. Seems like a better choice at this point.

Any suggestions (or other vehicles to look at under 400?..not interested in an Infiniti).

Take over the GLC that the one person placed in marketplace? It’s a good deal. Like 1500 down 377/month

Either wait till Feb, or look at other comparable cars like Jeep GC, Ford Edge, 2018 RAV4 or maybe CRV

CX-5 is for sure a nice car, as evidenced by its sales. However, at $400, a Jeep Grand Cherokee is attainable, and is a much more substantial-feeling vehicle, at least IMO.

I could be wrong, as people like different things.

I just leased a cx5 sport 2018 for $330 a month with $330 down. All in. And they ate $890 worth of payments and mile overage on a mazda 3 lease return in NJ

Jersey!

Seems east coast has totally different prices than west coast for many cars.

The first dealer i went to started at $399. I laughed and said absolutely not try again. Came back with $349 with $1000 down. Jokes

2 Likes

bummer ! looking to lease CX-5 GT 2019 in SoCal, one delaer offers me $344 36/10k Sonic Silver drive off $2400, I am thinking to get that. should I wait next month or is it a good deal?

Probably a decent deal considering how it’s leasing…but I’ll never pay that much for a 31K car!

I would for the Touring/Signature however.

It’s not like these cars are hard to find…at most dealerships, they represent nearly half the inventory.

1 Like

you are right, I’ll keep looking to get better deal

@lennykate - you may have more luck in the last days of the month, if they need to meet goals.

Thank you MrPSS

Please please pm me if you get better deal for CX-5 GT 2019

1 Like

The crap deals are (among other reasons) why Mazdas don’t sell well compared to the other Japanese makes, IMHO. Very little off MSRP, and lease deals that look vaguely ridiculous. They’re awfully nice cars. But not Mercedes/BMW/Audi nice, IMHO.

I was also surprised at how underwhelwmed I was by the interior of the Signature at the LA auto show (although that could be b/c the regular CX-5 interior is so nice to begin w/). But sometimes car interiors actually look worse under show lights.

1 Like

I think its all about good timing and being persistent. I got a CX5 GT with premium package for 325.00 and 325.00 at signing…The deal is a few months old as of today. I would think deals on the 2018 would be easier than everyone is reporting.

$325 after tax? how much DAS?

If you really need a Mazda this month and live near SOCAL I would get a quote at Mazda/Subaru Temecula. They have beat all quotes so far. I was told, by the GM, they are trying to lease/sell cars outside Temecula and have beat all quotes I got by a large margin. I helped two friends get a Mazda and Subaru there and was surprised how aggressive they wanted to make a deal. First leased a Mazda 3 GT under $300 with zero and zero the other got Outback Linited (fully loaded MSRP $36+)and paid less than $32k out the door.

Yes, I desperately want CX-5 GT. had total loss my leased infiniti QX30 after X’mas, I am in LA. Could you get me a quote please?

Yes tax included and 325.00 DAS

What state was this in? Here in Texas I’ve been getting 376.00 as the lowest offer for the 2018 CX5 GT. This is after going back and forth for the last couple of months.