Maserati Granturismo Sport 2017 Lease Transfer

This is a lease transfer opportunity. I bought this car for my wife (figuring it was a great deal and would enjoy it too) but she did not want it because there were some new recurring expenses and drops in salary that I did not anticipate. Essentially, it puts is into tremendous financial strain.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2017 Maserati Granturismo Sport

MSRP: [$142,950]
Selling Price: [$104,000]
Rebates: [$2000- Maserati credit for old lease, $2000 dealer cash, $2000 down by me for tax title registration first month]
Current payments: $1045 monthly
Additional: Tire and rim protection package included

Months: [38]
Annual Mileage: [7,500]
Current mileage: 130 miles

I am asking someone to assume this lease from Chase bank.
I am going to see if the dealer will buy it back (unlikely).
I ask for $2000 back, I will pay lease transfer app if approved.

Have you checked to see if Chase allows lease transfers? I’m pretty sure they don’t.

2 Likes

I would say given that Chase doesn’t allow lease transfers, this post is educational (about the pitfalls of deals on ultra luxury cars [Maybach, NSX etc]) but moot (since there is no transfer).

I have learned my lesson and lease deal or no lease deal, I will be sticking to the 50k MSRP cars :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh no!
Jon Is right (thank you) and I’m sorry to waste everyone’s time.
I just s/w Chase- they said it would only be a lease to loan at a worse rate I’m sure. Wow, dealer straight lied to me.

Yes. As have I. Expensive lesson.

Will have to approach this differently. Will have to swap out the B-class then.

Sounds like you got a great sales price. Maybe some private luxury dealer or even carmax would buy it for close to your buyout price.

Just spoke with the dealer.
They will buyback for $84,000 (sale price for lease was $104,000) requiring me to cut a check for $20,000 (cannot do that) versus keeping the car for 39 months ($40,000).

Of course the same dealer won’t buy it back for the same price. Try other non-Maserati dealers.

I think this model sold for cheap because MY 2018 is refreshed.

I have been trying to work with the Main Line on a 2017 SQ4 and they aren’t budging at all…

Check out FC Kerbeck Ryan Cala (very standup guy); should have worked with them. They are not the ‘pushy’ type to sign and get out out the door.

How about selling it private party?

Will post it up; good idea. Trying with Carmax tonight.

Is the lease actually through Chase? I looked at Maserati’s in October and I confirmed that if it was lease through Chase but the servicer is “Maserati Capital USA”, it DOES allow lease transfers. (https://www.chase.com/personal/auto-loans/maserati).

I’m located in the DC area and am very interested if we can double check on this. I’m already approved from Maserati Capital @ $1000/month, but they wouldn’t approve me of anything more than that (Not sure why…800+ credit score, more than enough income). Their reasoning was that I have never had any big recurring expenses except for my current MBFS payments ($1005/month).

SOP if you have Ryan’s info can you PM me.

Thanks

PM sent
(Need 20 characters this is a space filler )

Could you please tell me what month you leased this? I am interested in leasing one this year and am wondering when is the best time.

December 2017 is when I leased mine!

If you look now, many dealers have already started their descent in pricing. And ascent in incentives. Miller motor cars in Greenwich, CT and Masersti of the Main Line in Wayne, PA have historically been aggressive.

I highly recommend it! It’s been a blast (especially once my wife forgave me)
It’s a wonderful DD!

13 Likes

Dude, these pictures of how you loaded this car tell me one thing.

YOU ARE MY HERO.

8 Likes

That last pic with the Seersucker is AMAZING! Nice work dad!

1 Like